Experience the difference of "Elite".

Did some fields just disappear? Card last 4 and card type?

BlueMtnCabins
Dec 4, 2020 8:27 AM
Joined Jun, 2016 1115 posts

I had SMS set up using following template (below). Now I see that {PAYCCTYPE} {PAYCCNUM} are not rendering. I though I had those rendering before???:

Reminder about your final payment for your reservation at {PDISPNAME}. {BSPAMT} is due {BSPDAYSFN} on {BSPDATE}. If you paid by a credit card and you want your balance payment charged automatically, then no action is needed - card on file {PAYCCTYPE} {PAYCCNUM} will be charged on {BSPDATE}. If you want to pay by a different credit card, or to pay by other means, then please click link {BUPAY}.
Thank you ~ {MYFULL} ~ bluemountaincabins.com

Chris Hynes
Dec 4, 2020 9:55 AM
OR Team Member Joined Oct, 2012 1400 posts

The PAY fields are only available in context of a particular payment, for example for a payment receipt.

They're not available on booking level templates, as there could be multiple different cards on file for a given booking.

Andree M
Apr 29, 2023 11:07 AM
Joined Nov, 2018 11 posts

Chris,

i would like to ask this question from a slightly different point of view.

Due to the large quantity of CC fraud and card reissues, we are getting a increasing number of request for verification of the CC number on file when the second payment due notice goes out. Can ORez look into providing some form of link in the booking fields for CC number and expiration date that will be used for the transaction to be automatically collected?

Regards,

Mike McDonald

Sallie H
Oct 1, 2023 10:17 PM
Joined Jan, 2023 10 posts

I wish the payment fields could be added to the booking template info as well. I think it's important to remind the guests what card they scheduled their final payment on. As most of my final payments are over $4,000.00 it could mitigate a lot of problems. I spent one full afternoon creating a custom email template with the payment fields only to discover that I can't set up any triggers for payment templates. It was a HUGE waste of time and very frustrating.