Experience the difference of "Elite".

Hot Tub Selected on OR but not showing up on VRBO

Derek d
Dec 1, 2020 10:09 PM
Joined Jan, 2019 10 posts

Still trying to troubleshoot this. I have selected Hot Tub on OwnerRez but it is not showing for any of my properties on VRBO. This is such an important amenity! I tried troubleshooting this with VRBO yesterday but it appears to be an OR problem. Please help! Thanks, Derel

Sarah H
Dec 1, 2020 10:30 PM
Joined Jul, 2019 109 posts

Just in case you have not seen it, there is a thread in the unofficial ownerrez support group forum on facebook. I don't currently work with any owners that have hot tubs... :( but great problem for you to have and I bet it will be resolved pretty quick.

Ken T
Dec 2, 2020 11:18 AM
OR Team Member Joined Aug, 2019 1472 posts

FYI folks, we've heard from our VRBO engineering contacts, and this is an issue across the board, not just with OwnerRez. They're aware of it and have escalated it for an urgent fix.

In the meantime, if you can't wait, you can reach out to your VRBO PM support rep and ask them to switch OwnerRez off as your System of Record for this amenity - though that may affect other amenities also, it won't turn off the entire API.

We don't recommend this solution - if at all possible, just live with it for a few weeks until it's properly fixed.

Derek d
Dec 2, 2020 11:34 AM
Joined Jan, 2019 10 posts

Ken thanks so much for your reply! I love OR and can't wait to have this fixed.

Kate P
Aug 12, 2022 12:31 PM
Joined Oct, 2021 1 post

Hi.  Is anyone still having this problem?  My hot tub was showing as an amenity on my vrbo listing but now it is not.  I called VRBO and they are looking into it but she believes she remebers hearing it is a software issue w/ OR!  This is such a big deal!  There are only 3 listings in my area that have hot tubs and now none of them are showing as having hot tubs.  If I do a broader search (for the whole state), there are listings that do have a hot tub as an amenity so I know it's not completely down on VRBO's site.

Added:  When I talked to VRBO they could see on their end the amenity was selected but wasn't sure why it wasn't showing in the live listing.

Julie M
Aug 21, 2022 12:55 PM
Joined Jan, 2021 10 posts

Yes, I am still having this problem - 4 properties of mine (out of 7) have hot tub selected in OR but don't appear as an amenity in VRBO.  Very frustrating.  I've reached out to my VRBO rep but same story, they don't really have an answer.  (incidentally, if you are editing your amenities directly in VRBO, there is no hot tub option to select!  So I think it's firmly a VRBO issue, not that that helps it get resolved any faster)

Ken T
Aug 22, 2022 2:12 PM
OR Team Member Joined Aug, 2019 1472 posts

This may be useful:

https://www.ownerrez.com/support/articles/channel-management-api-integrations-property-field-quirks#airbnb-hot-tubs

If not, please write in to the Helpdesk with specifics so we can take a look.  A full resync of the property in the API connection sometimes helps too.