Experience the difference of "Elite".

Cancellation Fee not updating

Dori123
Nov 20, 2020 1:43 PM
Joined Sep, 2020 85 posts

I have my Cancellation Fee correctly set under Surcharges & Discounts. This Cancellation Fee has been applied to each of my properties and shows up correctly in the Rules section.

It is not updating correctly to the {BCANPOLLEGAL} field in my legal agreement. Where is this field pulling the Cancellation Fee from?

Ken T
Nov 20, 2020 5:39 PM
OR Team Member Joined Aug, 2019 1472 posts

That's a misunderstanding - configuring a Cancellation Fee doesn't do anything and doesn't automatically appear anywhere. Your Cancellation Policy as displayed in your Rental Agreement reflects what you have configured in your Custom Cancellation Policy settings:

https://www.ownerrez.com/support/articles/cancellation-policies-overview

or the cancellation settings for channels like Airbnb where you have to use one of theirs.

Dori123
Nov 20, 2020 7:12 PM

When I Preview my short-term rental agreements, I get this text when it calls {BCANPOLLEGAL}:
"A cancellation fee of $200.00 will be deducted from any refund amount."

Yet, when I execute the same rental agreement, I get this text on the actual contract:
"A cancellation fee of $300.00 will be deducted from any refund amount."

So it is ultimately printing correctly on the official documents, but the preview is just plain wrong. I can't figure out where the $200 is coming from.

Thanks

Edit: I have quoted only the last line of the paragraph. The Cancelation Policy text works just fine; it's only the amount of the Cancelation Fee that is incorrect.

Chris Hynes
Nov 21, 2020 7:22 PM
OR Team Member Joined Oct, 2012 1400 posts

The preview shows the values for the specific booking you're previewing. Looks like some of your older bookings have a $200 cancellation fee, so those would show $200 in the preview if you pick them.

If they're not supposed to have a $200 cancellation fee, go to Settings > Cancellation Policies and use the Batch Update tool to fix them.

Dori123
Nov 22, 2020 1:05 PM

Aha! That makes perfect sense. I thought it was previewing what would show, not what did show. Thanks for clarifying.