Experience the difference of "Elite".

Emails no longer show as "sent" if pushed out manually

Ella
Oct 29, 2020 9:57 PM
Joined May, 2014 139 posts

Emails no longer show as "sent" if pushed out manually. They now only show that they were sent if they got sent automatically, as scheduled by triggers. I assume this is a bug?
If you go to a booking/emails and send an email before the scheduled time/day, it normally used to show (after sending it) that it was indeed sent and the day. This is no longer the case. This can be confusing later and can only be discovered if one clicked on "email history" to double check if it got sent.
Ella

Chris Hynes
Oct 30, 2020 10:14 AM
OR Team Member Joined Oct, 2012 1400 posts

Are you meaning the "send confirmation to guest" date at the top of the booking Emails tab? That should still be updated.

If not, what's the booking number of an example where you sent that email and don't see it? We'll have a look.

Ella
Oct 30, 2020 10:32 AM

No, I mean any email that's usually sent out by triggers. When sent manually before the trigger happens they would usually show in the emails tab of that booking indicating in green highlight that they were sent. They no longer do that.
Example Booking ORB3105072 .. email tab for this booking does not show the email pushed out manually "checking info email", but it does show in the email history. it would be helpful if it still shows under the email tab so I don't send it twice by mistake if I wanted to send them before the triggers.

Chris Hynes
Oct 30, 2020 11:14 AM

Hmm. Looking at that booking, I think the one you're referring to is "Directions" and that was sent and shows as sent in the trigger list on the Email tab for that booking (one day after created).

There's another template called "check in info email" -- it hasn't been sent yet (looking in the communication history) so that's why it's not showing sent on the Email tab trigger list either.

Ella
Oct 30, 2020 12:09 PM

Hmmm... Maybe I'm going insane! I could have sworn that I've sent it and checked it and it was in the emails history but not in the email tab.. I will send it and it will keep monitoring if it's happening again. I apologize if it's a mistake on my end 😂

Ella
Oct 30, 2020 12:15 PM

Ok, I just sent it. In that booking , under the "email" tab it does not show as sent with the green highlight. Please check?
I might have been referring to the "directions" email as you suggested because I noticed it yesterday, but it is definitely happening right now with the "check-in info email" ...perhaps it shows later, with the green highlight that it was sent and a date, but it would be helpful if it shows once sent.

Chris Hynes
Oct 30, 2020 1:14 PM

Aha, I see it. Looks like there is an issue where the data is updated to show sent but that page isn't showing the green box until a bit later. I've triggered a cache refresh and it's right now.

I'll put in for a bug fix so it updates quicker.

Ella
Oct 30, 2020 1:19 PM

Thank you