Experience the difference of "Elite".

Rates, year over year

Jacques L
Aug 17, 2020 9:52 AM
Joined Jun, 2014 50 posts

Hi,
I used to restrict bookings more than 6 months out or so, and then I had an off-season to update all my rates and rules. But, a lot of renters want to book their next summer's vacation while they're on vacation, or as soon as they come home so I lifted that. Now, I'm running into a few issues.

* Closer to peak, I lift the Sunday to Sunday weeks only restriction. - Now people are instant-booking Saturday to Saturday in 2021.
* People who are booking 2021 are getting 2020 prices.

and I guess I actually have 40 rates (4 cabins all different x 5 seasons x weekend vs. weekday), so updating it is prone to my human error when I change them. Before I got the channel bridge working, I had made a couple mistakes across different websites that cost me several hundred in undercharged rent. I'd love to just bump everything by inflation, since I think my differentials are fair.

What are you doing about updating rates and rules across years?

Best,
-JJ

GetStay
Dec 20, 2020 9:45 PM
Joined May, 2020 20 posts

Hi JJ,

We’re pushing rates +2 years, setting up seasons is the easiest way to do that.
In order to avoid guests booking in the third year, we’re setting a “Basic Price” on that channel of 5000 p/night.
Keep in mind to deselect “Rates” when you’re importing a property from AirBnB or VRBO.