Experience the difference of "Elite".

Editing my Airbnb listing through OwnerRez?? Can't find where to do it.

Monica R
Aug 13, 2020 9:07 AM
Joined Feb, 2018 86 posts

My Airbnb listing has all kinds of incorrect settings on it and I've tried to use the Airbnb app to edit them. However I get a message that says "This property is managed by OwnerRez, so you can't edit its content on Airbnb. Visit OwnerRez to update the listing's content."

I've looked everywhere on OwnerRez to find how to edit the Airbnb calendar, the booking availability settings, the booking policies, etc. and I see nothing. It's causing a problem because my Airbnb calendar is showing OPEN for dates that are booked and I have no way of fixing that or editing the other booking settings. It's also showing several other parameters that are incorrect and I'm really afraid I'm going to end up double booked.

Can anyone assist please?

Thank you!

Chris Hynes
Aug 13, 2020 10:21 AM
OR Team Member Joined Oct, 2012 1400 posts

When you're API connected, the settings in OwnerRez will update your Airbnb listing. The calendar in OwnerRez will be pushed to Airbnb, and the listing content on the Description, Amenities, Photos etc. tabs of the property will be pushed to Airbnb as well (if you are in Everything sync mode).

There's a lot of information about what settings control what in the docs: https://www.ownerrez.com/support/articles/channel-management-api-integrations-airbnb

What settings in particular are you trying to update?

Monica R
Aug 20, 2020 3:35 PM

My settings I need to change are booking availability, booking lead time, I want to turn instant book OFF, I need to require guest verification, and I need to be able to manually block dates.

Actually now that I've edited this post twice, I think I'd honestly just like to disable my Airbnb all together, but I can't do it via the Airbnb site or app because apparently it's controlled by Owner Rez. Help? Thank you!

Chris Hynes
Aug 21, 2020 6:38 PM
OR Team Member Joined Oct, 2012 1400 posts

To change the availability, lead time, and guest verification, you'd do that in the Airbnb channel settings in OwnerRez. Go to Settings > API Integrations, click on the Airbnb channel, and click the change button at the top.

You can't fully disable instant book on Airbnb API, only crank up the verification settings: https://www.ownerrez.com/support/articles/channel-management-api-integrations-airbnb-common-issues-questions#book-now

If you want to disable Airbnb entirely, go to the Airbnb channel in OwnerRez and disable and/or delete it.

Monica R
Aug 21, 2020 6:48 PM

THANK YOU SO MUCH!!

We are selling our home so I will be off this platform in the next month or two. I have so appreciated the service OR provides and the speedy support responses. :-)