Experience the difference of "Elite".

Received an email from AirBNB about not contacting guests outside the platform

Sarah H
Aug 6, 2020 12:01 AM
Joined Jul, 2019 109 posts

Received this note today. Anyone else?

“I hope you are doing well and staying healthy during these times. At Airbnb, we are seeing recovery in drive-to destinations and we are working hard on our “Go Near” campaign to help drive more demand to you as our industry recovers!

We’d like to draw your attention to the new Off Platform Policy. Respecting our hosts and guests is a top priority for Airbnb, so we’ve published new guidelines around messaging between our guests and hosts based on feedback from our community on how they’d like to receive messages and share contact information.

More details can be found in the link above, but as a reminder, the following behaviors are generally prohibited on Airbnb:
Asking guests for feedback off of Airbnb
Asking guests for their contact information
Asking guests to create a separate account or install a third-party app
In an effort to ensure we can avoid any future violations of this policy, please review the help center article carefully and inform your CS and operational teams of this policy. You may need to make operational changes to ensure you’re following the Off Platform Policy and our Terms of Service.

With this new policy, we’ll no longer be providing guests’ anonymized email addresses. If you require this feature to email documents to guests, please attest online here that you will abide by the off platform policy in your continued use of this feature.

Thank you for your attention to this matter.

Airbnb's Professional Hosting Team “

OPCD TX
Aug 6, 2020 12:52 PM
Joined Aug, 2019 24 posts

I only saw an email about the email changes and we could no longer reply to anonymized email addresses. Now, how are we to get the guests to sign our rental agreement? We need their email address. Airbnb is becoming more and more of a nightmare. We also need their info to send all information as we are an integrated API software. They are so frustrating. I am curious how this affects API integrated software partners.

Ken T
Aug 6, 2020 1:29 PM
OR Team Member Joined Aug, 2019 1472 posts

Unfortunately, Airbnb has turned off the automatic email addresses that they used to provide for reaching guests.

Fortunately, you can turn that feature back on again in your Airbnb control panel. You can opt back in to getting the proxy email if you use a hidden setting in the account area, under Professional Hosting Tools.

We strongly recommend that you do this. OwnerRez uses this address specifically to have the guests sign your rental agreement, just as they say, so this is not a violation of terms.

OPCD TX
Aug 6, 2020 3:25 PM
Joined Aug, 2019 24 posts

Wow, ok, glad I am following this. We also do require their email to send all access information as we no longer use the message portal to send access info. So, do you think we need to not communicate whatsoever outside of the message platform?

BlueMtnCabins
Aug 6, 2020 4:28 PM
Joined Jun, 2016 1115 posts

#dumpAirbnb