Experience the difference of "Elite".

OwnerRez App

cp9293
Jun 20, 2020 12:47 PM
Joined Apr, 2012 395 posts

This would be a great addition. Especially, adding notifications! Now, we have to check periodically. Not ideal as we can miss questions, issues, inquiries, last minute bookings.

Anything in the works?

Thanks,
Claudia

Dewey Getaway
Jun 30, 2020 11:59 AM
Joined Feb, 2020 49 posts

+1 for this!

BlueMtnCabins
Jun 30, 2020 9:46 PM
Joined Jun, 2016 1115 posts

Interesting. I do not miss not having an app in the least. Have too many apps on my phone already. I think what OR has works just fine. JMO.

Chris L
Jul 4, 2020 4:59 PM
Joined May, 2017 199 posts

With Airbnb channel messaging integration (and hopefully HomeAway--sorry, Vrbo--and others coming soon), I think the need for an app has increased greatly as I can foresee using OR in place of the native AB/HA/etc. apps and moving away from relying on email notifications and instead relying on app push notifications for things like inquiries/booking notifications/messaging notifications/etc. I know it's not a cheap/simple process, but there's a lot of value in it, especially now.

Paul W
Jul 6, 2020 1:41 PM
OR Team Member Joined Jun, 2009 825 posts

@Chris: You're right about certain things like push notifications or camera integration (for cleaning checklists) though camera stuff can actually be done with regular web app. To bridge the gap on push notifications, we've kicked around the idea of having System Alerts go from email to text (or both) so that you get a text message instantly for certain things. That would help and make it so we didn't spend huge amounts of resources on a native app when 90% of what a native app would do is already in the web app.

cp9293
Jul 6, 2020 2:29 PM
Joined Apr, 2012 395 posts

That sounds great Paul. Look forward to that addition.