Experience the difference of "Elite".

Analytics/tracking help.

BlueMtnCabins
Jun 19, 2020 11:59 AM
Joined Jun, 2016 1115 posts

I have GA, and I can see people hitting widgets and website pages in real time. However, when inquiry comes into OR, I do not seem to find a way to see where the inquiry has originated. Is there something I need to adjust in GA or in OR to see that? I have same GA tracking ID set up both for my website and OR widgets.

BlueMtnCabins
Oct 1, 2021 2:50 PM
Joined Jun, 2016 1115 posts

So now it seems that GA tracking of the widget no longer works at all. I have a GA tag defined in OR. But when I go to GA and look at that tag, there is never any traffic (past or present).

Ken T
Oct 1, 2021 5:18 PM
OR Team Member Joined Aug, 2019 1474 posts

This is likely because of recent browser changes that restrict cross domain data transfer. Or it's also possible that the website builder has changed the permissions they give to embedded scripts and their container iframe is blocking the connection. Because of one of those restrictions, the GA script on your website isn't able to correlate with the GA in the widgets.

One thing to try would be the cross domain embedding method: https://www.ownerrez.com/support/articles/cross-domain-widget-analytics -- do you see the page views if you switch to that?