Experience the difference of "Elite".

OwnerRez question about Extra days between bookings

Rich S
May 30, 2020 2:08 PM
Joined Dec, 2018 301 posts

Chris/Ken/Paul - can y'all provide specific instructions to us (me ;-)) about how to configure OwnerRez to prevent back to back stays?

In my case I want to have the following:

- Guest books Mon-Wed and leaves Wed by 10am. Unit remains empty Wed
- Cleaners clean sometime Thur. Unit remains empty through overnite
- Earliest next booking can start is 4pm on Fri

So essentially this is a 2 day gap following each booking.

I'm personally using the API for Airbnb and channel bridge for VRBO. I can do blocks manually for any direct booking guests I receive, mostly worried about Abnb and vrbo.

In addition I have the issue with ResortClean where it seems to create cleans for blocks, not sure if their upcoming changes that they announced will change that. So assuming that OR creates blocks after a stay I will need to delete the associated booking in ResortClean.

Final request - I plan to leave the blocks in place forever as an indication of the dates being unavailable for booking. If y'all can think about the implications of having so many blocks scattered among legitimate bookings we might avoid some unexpected issues with running reports in the future. Not sure what this might be, I haven't thought it through, but if I get 20 bookings in July I'll have 20 blocks and I imagine many reports will be affected. Maybe some kind of tag on these blocks along with a customized title could help so that at least in the future I can distinguish them from legitimate blocks that I use for myself for repairs and improvements and/or personal stays.

E & R Vacation R
Sep 17, 2020 9:25 PM
Joined Jan, 2020 56 posts

I wish the block titles would carry over when I export my calendar to my husband. He needs the info in the titles. I can't figure out how to use a customized field for this.

Ken T
Sep 18, 2020 8:09 AM
OR Team Member Joined Aug, 2019 1554 posts

You should be able to do this using a custom iCal calendar export, where you've selected the option to include booking information and notes. I don't see any custom iCal calendar exports in your account - give that a try and see if it does what you're after.

https://www.ownerrez.com/support/articles/bookings-display-for-cleaners

E & R Vacation R
Sep 24, 2020 8:43 AM
Joined Jan, 2020 56 posts

I did tick off each of the "customization" choices in the export calendar options. I can see why I've blocked ONCE I HAVE CLICKED on the calendar in my google calendar/ical. However, I wanted to see the blocked title in the ribbon, as I do on OR calendar ribbon. Instead all I see is the "4pm blocked off time #ORBxxxxx." For bookings I see the guests name, that was what I was hoping to see for blocks.

Ken T
Sep 24, 2020 9:18 AM
OR Team Member Joined Aug, 2019 1554 posts

That's something you'd need to set in the Google Calendar options - we are pushing the information out via the iCal feed, but we don't control how Google displays it.