Experience the difference of "Elite".

Beyond Pricing - Will it charge on all rentals

Glenn Moore
May 4, 2020 5:48 PM
Joined Nov, 2012 78 posts

So Beyond Pricing....

Sorry if this has already been asked and answered, but I have never been able to find a way to search the forms.

I already use Beyond Pricing for the AirBnB side of my listing and it works well. It would be nice to activate it with OR, but I do know that Beyond Pricing takes a percentage of your rental income. There are a number of yearly returning renters and some extended friends that I manually create a quote for and they accept and a booking with a convenient path for payment, etc is created. Would these also be subject to Beyond Pricing surcharges when it does its monthly statement of fees? I guess I am looking for details on how Beyond Pricing would distinguish traffic that is sent our way as opposed to traffic that I obtain from my connections + extended friends?

Right now, if I have a friend who wants to use my property, I simply set him up on OR. It handles all the automation for me and it is a convenient way for him/her to pay me. Yes I pay some CC fees some time but I would not want to pay Beyond Pricing fees on top of that for a person I already know and have negotated a rate with.

Glenn

Glenn Moore
May 27, 2020 10:33 AM

Any thoughts or advice on this?

BlueMtnCabins
May 27, 2020 10:44 AM
Joined Jun, 2016 1115 posts

Have the same question. I think it appears to be charging on any and all bookings

Lydia B
May 27, 2020 3:34 PM
Joined May, 2019 159 posts

"Sorry if this has already been asked and answered, but I have never been able to find a way to search the forms."

Hi, Glenn: You can search the entire site (Forum, Blogs, Help) by going to the Support tab and typing your search term. It will return anything it finds from anywhere on the site. Hope that helps.

Maarten H
Aug 30, 2022 4:33 AM
Joined Jul, 2022 18 posts

Do they charged for manually added bookings (like those from friends) or only ones that go through OTA's or your website?

Can't you just mark it as a blocking in your calendar? Or if not, I would handle it outside of OR.

CWV
Aug 30, 2022 10:08 PM
Joined Nov, 2019 59 posts

Being stingy, I use Pricelabs during months when I get the most bookings and Beyond Pricing when the number of bookings are less.  Pricelabs is inexpensive compared to Beyond Pricing but PL algorithms are not as good as BP's

Glenn Moore
Aug 31, 2022 9:50 AM

Well, yes I can just block the time or I can handle it outside of OR, but that misses the point of my question.   

I want to be able to use the OR automation for guests that I do know (as well as new rentals from the rental site).  OR  sets up lock codes, handles communication, etc.  A blocked time gives me none of that as far as I know.

Glenn

Joel P
Aug 31, 2022 10:00 AM
OR Team Member Joined Oct, 2009 122 posts

The Beyond Pricing integration is completely maintained and supported by Beyond Pricing. I'm not sure how exactly they calculate your subscription fees. As an OAuth app, you grant them access to see all of your bookings, and there is no way in OwnerRez to hide some bookings from one OAuth application.

I recommend contacting their support and asking if there is a way to opt out specific bookings from their subscription billing.

Paul H
Sep 9, 2022 3:39 PM
OR Team Member Joined Oct, 2019 283 posts

I reached out to our contacts at Beyond and received this explanation:

We have a system of adding credits for reservations made not using our suggested prices where we mark them as "non-billable" in our system.

Please specify if it fit one of these categories :
- Owner Bookings
- Long-term Stays
- Repeat Guests

We only request our customer to provide us a reason why the reservation should be marked as non-billable.

Then, please follow these steps :
1. Download your billing statement from the billing page.
2. Highlight any non-billable reservations and provide the reason why it is a non-billable reservation.
3. Save the file as an .xls or .xlsm, a .csv will not save the formatting.
4. Send the statement to Payments@beyondpricing.com.
5. Someone from the Billing Team will confirm once the reservations are marked as non-billable.
6. Non-billable reservations will appear as a non-billable credit on the users current statement. We do not refund the amount previously billed to the users payment method on file.
7. Last but not least, we ask our users to send their non-billable reservations on a monthly cadence.