Experience the difference of "Elite".

Canceling a Direct Booking

Salty Snow Prope
Apr 24, 2020 11:41 AM
Joined Feb, 2020 3 posts

Hello

We are new to the platform and direct bookings in general and had a guest book with us directly last week for early May. They bought travel insurance through us (CFAR) and are now requesting to cancel and move their dates to September.

My question is whether or not they can simply cancel from their side or if we need to follow the steps in the article I've attempted to link here for our property.

They are paid in full, and we do not have their security deposit hold taken/secured as of yet.

https://www.ownerrez.com/support/articles/cancelling-a-booking

I'm happy to cancel it but want to ensure we do it right for reports, taxes etc etc. Thanks in advance for your help I appreciate it very much.

Chris Hynes
Apr 24, 2020 7:28 PM
OR Team Member Joined Oct, 2012 1400 posts

Are they really cancelling and exercising their travel insurance? Or just moving the dates to September?

If they're cancelling and using TI, then cancel the booking in OwnerRez and don't refund them -- the TI carrier will work with them to pay out the insurance.

If they're moving the booking to September, leave it as is in OwnerRez and just move the dates to September. They can contact the TI carrier and also adjust the dates on their policy to match.