Experience the difference of "Elite".

How to get optional discount applied only to rent on a quote

Dewey Getaway
Apr 20, 2020 8:16 PM
Joined Feb, 2020 49 posts

BlueMtnCabins asked the same question in this article: https://www.ownerrez.com/blog/enhanced-surcharges-discounts-and-add-ons
And it looks like it was resolved at the time. But when I added an optional discount for repeat guests and tested it, the discount appears below the cleaning line, so it's taking the discount off of the total, not just the rent line item. How can I get the discount to apply only to the rent line item?

Lydia B
Apr 21, 2020 4:22 PM
Joined May, 2019 159 posts

When you set up the discount, did you check the box under "Options" for "Categorize this as a 'rent" line item"? Also, I put mine as "Position 2" so it shows up right under the rent. That's the way mine is set up and it only applies the discount to the nightly rate. Hope that works.

Chris Hynes
Apr 24, 2020 7:26 PM
OR Team Member Joined Oct, 2012 1400 posts

Percentage items apply to items above them, so you need to make sure the discounts are at the top. To do that either:

a) give the discounts position and give the surcharges a blank position (which will make them come after discounts)
b) give the discounts a lower position like 5 and the surcharges a higher position like 10 -- they're ordered in numeric order

Dewey Getaway
Apr 24, 2020 7:59 PM
Joined Feb, 2020 49 posts

Perfect! That did the trick. Thanks!