Experience the difference of "Elite".

How to send 2nd legal agreement post booking with check-in email?

Dewey Getaway
Apr 14, 2020 5:32 PM
Joined Feb, 2020 49 posts

I've set up my rental agreement for guests to sign as part of the booking process. However, our HOA requires guests to sign a lease addendum specific to rules on common property. I usually send this with my check-in email to guests 7 days before booking - it serves as a good reminder of the general rules.

I know there is a way to create multiple legal agreements. However, I don't see any guidance about a way to require guests to sign a second agreement post-booking. Is this possible?
Thanks.

BlueMtnCabins
Apr 15, 2020 5:06 PM
Joined Jun, 2016 1115 posts

I have to have a hot tub addendum. In my case I just have it as a last page of my general rental agreement. So it gets signed at the time of booking (or after time of booking if I am sending link later). Will that work?

Dewey Getaway
Apr 16, 2020 7:59 PM

Thanks. Yes, it will work to get it signed but I really prefer to send it later with the check-in email because it serves as a good reminder of some of the general rules. So it would be ideal to be able to send a second agreement with my check-in email a week before guest arrives.

Dewey Getaway
Apr 18, 2020 3:54 PM

OwnerRez support - any guidance here???

Chris Hynes
Apr 19, 2020 9:00 AM
OR Team Member Joined Oct, 2012 1400 posts

You can send a signing link in the email template that will ask them to sign a specific agreement. The system doesn't enforce that they do it so you'll have to follow up and make sure they did, but you can at least make it automatic to that point. OwnerRez only enforces that first renter agreement when the quote is booked.

There's not an insert button for it yet so you have to hack the merge field. Here's how:

First, go to your renter agreement in Settings > Legal Agreements and edit it. Take note of the ID in the URL bar -- in this example it's 12345, (screenshot 1).

Then in your email template, click the Insert link button and enter {BULEASE}?a=12345 in the URL field (screenshot 2). That will link to that specific agreement instead of the default agreement for the property.

Dewey Getaway
Apr 20, 2020 2:35 PM

Thanks. Will give this a try.

Hostably
May 17, 2023 10:24 PM
Joined Apr, 2022 17 posts

Morningside Stay
Dec 8, 2023 6:56 PM
Joined Oct, 2023 1 post

I am trying to do this but via a channel message, is there a way?  Also this doesn't seem to really work now, there must have been some changes.  I need to send out a second release of liability after they are booked for a animal experience they all get on the property. And I want is signed separately.