Experience the difference of "Elite".

Security Deposit

SPSA
Apr 1, 2020 3:32 PM
Joined Feb, 2020 20 posts

I know in the "Rules" we can set a security deposit. I have it set to $300. However I am a little confused. I ALSO have it set up in the Surcharge & Discounts" for $300 for each stay. Am I essentially doubling the security deposit?

I ask because when I send a quote...the quote is confusing. It gives the total amount due..including security deposit 14 days prior to arrival. And that is my rules. So that is correct. However it also says that a $300 security deposit will be held one day prior to their arrival. So which is it? According to the booking quote it shows the total amount..including the $300 that is collected 14 days prior to arrival. But then it also says $300 will be put on hold a day before arrival. So this got me thinking that I have set this up wrong. I need to delete the $300 from the Surcharge and Discount section of my rates. I set that up across all my listings except for Airbnb.
Sorry it may be a little confusing since we can not attach screenshots in these forums.

Ken T
Apr 1, 2020 3:34 PM
OR Team Member Joined Aug, 2019 1474 posts

Yes, you have doubled up on the security deposit. What you've actually done is configure a Security Deposit Hold:

https://www.ownerrez.com/support/articles/security-deposit-holds

And also a Refundable Damage Deposit:

https://www.ownerrez.com/support/articles/refundable-damage-deposits-rdd

You only want to do one or the other - we recommend the Hold.

SPSA
Apr 1, 2020 3:36 PM

Ok yes I agree a hold. So just to clarify...I want to delete the $300 in the Surcharge section correct?

Ken T
Apr 1, 2020 3:38 PM

Yes, exactly.

SPSA
Apr 1, 2020 3:49 PM

I understand.. Thank u for quick reply. Is there a way to mark this as "Resolved"? This topic?

Ken T
Apr 1, 2020 3:51 PM

In effect you just did - anyone who finds it while searching for the same question, will now know the answer and that it worked for you. :-)

Sharalyn W
Dec 29, 2023 7:40 PM
Joined Aug, 2023 1 post

Thanks for asking this question...Three years later and you've just helped me!

R & C Vacation R
Jan 7, 2024 6:52 PM
Joined Aug, 2023 2 posts

The security deposit isn't showing up on the quote that is given, but the surcharge does. How do I change it so the security deposit shows and I can delete the surcharge?

Caleb M
Jan 9, 2024 5:43 PM
OR Team Member Joined Mar, 2022 114 posts

Hi,

I'd like to see exactly what you're looking at to help troubleshoot this issue accurately, however that would entail sensitive information being shared. As a result I'd recommend emailing in to help@ownerrez.com with details regarding the booking in question and any screenshots you can provide that will help us provide the best information.

~Caleb

BlueMtnCabins
Jan 10, 2024 12:35 PM
Joined Jun, 2016 1115 posts

The security deposit isn't showing up on the quote that is given, but the surcharge does. How do I change it so the security deposit shows and I can delete the surcharge?

If sec dep is a "hold" (vs charge), it will not show on the quote. here is what I do - I added some verbiage in CSS section of the widget.