Experience the difference of "Elite".

Managing Two Calendars

Monica R
Mar 17, 2020 10:18 AM
Joined Feb, 2018 86 posts

When I send a quote and rental agreement via OR to a guest and they make payment, a booking is automatically created in my OR calendar. I love this! Except that in order to avoid double-booking, I have to manually block those dates off in my Evolve master calendar.

BUT when I do that, when OR imports my Evolve bookings my OR calendar thinks there's been a double booking and it throws me an "calendar sync error" email.

I'd LOVE to use OR as my master calendar but I can't, because as I understand it, the OR calendar doesn't push data to Evolve or other calendars; it only PULLS data in. So in light of the fact that I must use Evolve as my master calendar, does anyone have a good workaround to avoid the calendar sync error messages?

THANK YOU!

Ken T
Mar 17, 2020 10:34 AM
OR Team Member Joined Aug, 2019 1472 posts

OwnerRez is fully able to push iCal calendar feeds to any other system that is able to accept them.

https://www.ownerrez.com/support/articles/channel-management-calendar-import-export

The problem is Evolve specifically, as discussed here:

https://www.ownerrez.com/support/articles/connecting-to-evolve

Monica R
Mar 17, 2020 2:36 PM

Ken, thank you. Here's a question... in your experience, do you think I could have my OR calendar push to a GOOGLE calendar, and then I could have that Google calendar push to Evolve? Does that sound like it would solve the issue or create some sort of crazy loop?

Thanks!

Ken T
Mar 19, 2020 9:53 AM
OR Team Member Joined Aug, 2019 1472 posts

I'm not sure how that would help. The problem is how Evolve combines bookings in their calendars, so you can't sensibly *import* them into OwnerRez.

If you can export a Google calendar into Evolve, you can export your OwnerRez calendar into Evolve the same way and save a step.

Also, since Evolve generally piggybacks off of HomeAway's calendar, if you have a HomeAway listing to export your OwnerRez calendar into, that may properly push your OwnerRez bookings into Evolve also.

Monica R
Mar 21, 2020 1:22 PM

You can't push anything INTO the Evolve calendar. You can only use its URL to PULL the Evolve calendar data OUT of it.