Experience the difference of "Elite".

15 properties required to sync ownerres to TripAdvisor?

Ross C
Mar 10, 2020 12:45 PM
Joined Feb, 2020 17 posts

I contacted FlipKey / TripAdvisor to sync. They responded "How many units does your company represent? {We require 15 or more units to set up an OwnerRez connection.}"

Ross C
Mar 10, 2020 9:15 PM

OK, I saw myself on the page with OwnerRez and others, that it requires 15 or more properties

https://www.tripadvisor.com/RentalInsights/get-started

The answer is, what is the easiest way to properly sync (more than iCal) Flipkey with the other OTAs. Channel Bridge? I want set and forget, or I cannot allow instant book in flipkey. I dont want to keep doing something on a daily or periodic basis...

Does that mean I cannot use PriceLabs to sync with Flipkey?

Paul W
Mar 11, 2020 4:52 PM
OR Team Member Joined Jun, 2009 825 posts

Hate to say it, Ross, but you're screwed on FlipKey/TripAdvisor. They allowed 5 properties for a long time and then in the last year moved it to like 25. They said they would drop to 15 for OR users, i guess they are holding to that. We've been frustrated but those are the breaks. Channel Bridge does not support FlipKey/TripAdvisor for anything other than downloading reviews. To be honest, most non-PM users don't use FlipKey/Tripadvisor anymore unless they have 1 or 2 properties and don't mind doing it all by hand. Much has changed in recent years. I don't know if PriceLabs will push directly to FlipKey or not, but I don't think they do. They push to OR of course but we don't push to FlipKey.

Ross C
Mar 11, 2020 5:04 PM

OK. I will have to use Flipkey as request to book (no instant booking) only. Why in the world are they trying to make less people want to use them???

BlueMtnCabins
Mar 13, 2020 11:05 AM
Joined Jun, 2016 1115 posts

Ross C said:

OK. I will have to use Flipkey as request to book (no instant booking) only. Why in the world are they trying to make less people want to use them???

I saw someplace their higher ups quoted that they do not want to be mired in vacation rentals due to regulations (something to the effect that they cannot verify which ones are legal and don't want to run afoul of local laws). basically as far as I (and many other owners) have observed that bookings coming from FK/TA (it is the same thing) have become non existent. I would not spend any effort on them if all you get is 1-2 bookings a year. I have 3 properties, and I have not had as much as an inquiry since last Dec. Just keeping listings there for the sake of reviews. I have wheelhouse connected to it for pricing so it is on auto pilot. Costs me 0 as they only charge per booking and there are no tripadvisor bookings.