Experience the difference of "Elite".

RV Rentals

Ross C
Mar 4, 2020 7:36 PM
Joined Feb, 2020 17 posts

Hi

I have an RV (motorhome). It is on ABB, BDC, VRBO and Flipkey/TripAdvisor as stationary rental.

However, there are two large sites (in North America) where you can also rent it for people to drive for vacations. RVShare and Outdoorsy.

Is it possible to somehow even if ical sync that into the OwnerRez calendars to avoid double bookings that way? They may/may not have an API, but this for example is their page for avoiding double bookings:

RVSHARE: https://help-rvshare.force.com/s/article/How-do-I-sync-my-RVshare-calendar-with-another-calendar

Outdoorsy (working on finding this...)

No PMS that I can find can do this and it is a rapidly growing market online.

Thoughts?

Ken T
Mar 6, 2020 9:00 AM
OR Team Member Joined Aug, 2019 1473 posts

Anything that is iCal compatible, you can import/export from OwnerRez using our calendars.

I'm not completely sure exactly what you're trying to do here, so you might need to create a dummy property in OR to properly keep track of it. But it certainly ought to be possible to make its calendar visible.

Ross C
Mar 6, 2020 10:57 AM

Is this something I could do once and have it managed along with the other listing site so I don't get double bookings? Or do I have to constantly do something with the link manually?

Ken T
Mar 6, 2020 11:01 AM
OR Team Member Joined Aug, 2019 1473 posts

If you connect up iCal syncs, they run automatically on their own to update calendars.

You might also find Mutual Blocking useful, depending on exactly what you're trying to accomplish:

https://www.ownerrez.com/support/articles/combined-properties-blockoff-lockoff

Ross C
Mar 6, 2020 11:01 AM

It was a suggestion for a business opportunity for ownerres to be the only PMS that also works with the RV rental space. As in RV rentals that are driven by the guests

Paul W
Mar 11, 2020 4:30 PM
OR Team Member Joined Jun, 2009 825 posts

Ross, thanks for the suggestion and idea. There are some other OR users that rent out motorhomes so it's new exactly, but it is rare. As long the RV can be though of as a "property" that is rented by the day (not hour) then you can plug it right in as a property in OR. I'm sure you know that. I wonder if those RV channels you mentioned contain more details in their iCal that would let us parse bookings? If you can send the guts of the iCal, we can take a look. Same with inquiry parsing for emails.

Ross C
Mar 11, 2020 5:02 PM

There is two majors and the several dwarves. I gave the iCal link for RVshare above, not yet see it for Outdoorsy. But they do have one (as seen here https://www.vrscheduler.com/outdoorsy/?consent=1)

There appears to be Campanda in Europe which is comatose in the USA

There is also RVPlusYou.com which is a different spin - you deliver the RV to a campground of their choice - the guest never drives it. They seem only to do inquiries, not instant booking.

You need to understand - NO ONE seems to offer significant PMS/channel management for motorhomes/campers/trailers that can be driven or offsite.

BlueMtnCabins
Mar 13, 2020 1:41 PM
Joined Jun, 2016 1115 posts

Ross C said:

You need to understand - NO ONE seems to offer significant PMS/channel management for motorhomes/campers/trailers that can be driven or offsite.

Maybe because the market is small?