Experience the difference of "Elite".

Flipkey, VRBO/Homeaway - fewer than 5 properties. How do I sync?

Ross C
Mar 1, 2020 5:10 PM
Joined Feb, 2020 17 posts

Not quite sure what to do with this. I have 3 properties, so I cannot sync with VRBO and Flipkey/TA?

What should i be doing and how often to keep them in sync?

"For channels that aren't API integrated, identifier mapping allows you to match listing numbers from the channel to properties in OwnerRez. This information is used to match up inquiries, review imports etc. from the listing site with the correct property in OwnerRez. It's also used by Channel Bridge to match up properties when you are importing booking details (VRBO/HomeAway and Airbnb channels only).

Ross C
Mar 1, 2020 5:14 PM

#2. I was trying another channel manager in Airbnb - "Smoobu". I deleted it from that manager, but Airbnb won't let me add OwnerRez in its place. I am getting the following message:

"You may only authorize one property management app to manage your account."

The prior manager appears on top right of my airbnb listings page as "Smoobu Sync" but doesn't allow you to delete it. The Airbnb support person was basically blank on what to do.

Rich S
Mar 1, 2020 5:32 PM
Joined Dec, 2018 301 posts

Ross C said:

Not quite sure what to do with this. I have 3 properties, so I cannot sync with VRBO and Flipkey/TA?

What should i be doing and how often to keep them in sync?

"For channels that aren't API integrated, identifier mapping allows you to match listing numbers from the channel to properties in OwnerRez. This information is used to match up inquiries, review imports etc. from the listing site with the correct property in OwnerRez. It's also used by Channel Bridge to match up properties when you are importing booking details (VRBO/HomeAway and Airbnb channels only).

I have 3 condos on VRBO and Airbnb. I'm able to use Ownerrez's API for Airbnb, but the way I sync with VRBO is as follows.

a) first off, I have the ical calendar sync setup, so that Ownerrez is calendar is kept in sync with VRBO. Bookings from Airbnb flow quickly (seconds) to Ownerrez and then 30 mins later it appears as a block on VRBO. No manual intervention needed
b) next, soon (minutes or hours) after I see a new booking on VRBO I use the channel bridge to import from VRBO into OwnerRez. Channel bridge is a Chrome browser extension, and it will bring in a ton of data about your new booking.
c) if for some reason you stop getting new bookings it's still a good idea to run channel bridge if you have gotten payments from guests. This only applies to me towards the end of ski season where I might get payments made to VRBO by the guest, but I go for a month or two with no new bookings. I don't think this has ever really happened to me, just pointing it out that there is never any harm in running channel bridge. If there are no updates nothing changes.

You'll also want to use the Channel Bridge to export reviews from VRBO and import them to OwnerRez.

Last thought. If you really wanted to you could possibly offer up various combinations of your three properties on VRBO so that you get to the 5 property limit. For instance, you could list properties A,B,C and then ABC and maybe AB. That's five combinations and would allow you to turn on the VRBO API. I'd suggest starting first with channel bridge because there are other considerations for using the VRBO API from Ownerrez such as needing a payment processor (ability to take credit card charges).

Ross C
Mar 1, 2020 8:43 PM

I was thinking about offering combinations, thanks...