Experience the difference of "Elite".

Arrival restrictions

Tahoe Mountain R
Feb 15, 2020 11:27 AM
Joined Feb, 2020 1 post

I'm a noob and testing my calendar integration with Airbnb API.
I'd like to disallow check-ins on Saturdays, as it 'splits' the weekend. I see how to set Arrival Restrictions, but in Airbnb it makes it look like every Saturday is booked/unavailable (even though in actuality you can book over the 'unavailable' Saturdays).

1) is there a way around this? ie a way to show Saturday as available but NOT allow Saturday as the check-in day?
2) anyone have the 'no-check-in-Saturday' rule, and if you've operated it for a while, any impact on people booking your weekends?

thanks!

Lydia B
Feb 15, 2020 12:45 PM
Joined May, 2019 159 posts

I totally agree with you! AirBnB's display is not good. Interested to see if anyone has a work-around because it's not helpful.

Chris Hynes
Feb 17, 2020 8:40 AM
OR Team Member Joined Oct, 2012 1400 posts

I'm not aware of any workaround if you want the day restrictions -- that just seems to be an artifact of how they display them. I agree -- it's extremely confusing... to the point that while we were developing the API integration we thought we had a bug doing extra blocks. Then we realized that we were sending the right data, it's just a strange display they do on the calendar picker.

Doug M
Nov 18, 2022 5:41 PM
Joined Jul, 2022 8 posts

Two years later, I'm wondering if you've identified a workaround. 

I don't mind a Saturday check-in if they're staying for more than one night. 

Using pricelabs, we allow 1-day bookings when booking within 5 days. It'd be great if I could exclude a Saturday to Sunday only. Although, the other side of me feels one day is better than no days, given the choice...