Experience the difference of "Elite".

Direct Website Rates

SPSA
Feb 12, 2020 3:30 PM
Joined Feb, 2020 20 posts

Trying to make sure my direct website rates have a larger discount than my other channels. So I set up different rates...a series of monthly rates for my channels. Then I set up monthly rates for "My Listings - Phone In". But the only selection I see as an option is to classify the rates as applicable to "Phone In". There is no category to apply these larger discounts for "Direct Inernet/Web Booking". Is that possibly the same thing?
So if a guest comes to my website...uses the OwnerRez widget...will it show the largest monthly discount? The "Phone In" discounted monthly rate? Because one monthly rate rule was associate with the "My Listings - Phone In"? I would attach picture but I can not.

Chris Hynes
Feb 17, 2020 8:26 AM
OR Team Member Joined Oct, 2012 1400 posts

My suggestion would be to go the other way -- mark the listing site criteria for direct discounts "everything but" Airbnb, HomeAway, VRBO. That way it's simple and clear. And then set the channel based discounts specifically for the listing sites where you want them to apply.

Similarly, for nightly rates, put in your standard direct rate. Then in the settings for each channel you can set a percentage adjuster to increase it.

Carole R
Feb 18, 2020 4:59 PM
Joined Feb, 2020 1 post

Where is your website. Looking for two units for snowbirds next winter. Centurydrive@hotmail.com

Sarah H
Aug 27, 2020 10:20 PM
Joined Jul, 2019 109 posts

I'm looking to increase the rate for direct bookings only, what is the best method?

Chris L
Aug 30, 2020 1:15 AM
Joined May, 2017 199 posts

There is no way to increase the rate itself, but you can add a surcharge that applies only to bookings made through the [None] channel (e.g. direct bookings). I have a 9% "Booking Service Fee" (10% would be too obvious, LOL) that is added to direct bookings (still makes the total price lower than other channels). Just go to Surcharges & Discounts and add a surcharge that applies to "all except" and then tick the boxes for the channels you use where you *don't* want the surcharge to apply, and it will then apply to direct bookings as well.

I agree it would be nice to be able to set per-channel rate rules, but in the meantime, surcharges and discounts that apply to specific channels works OK (with the side effect that the guest can see the surcharge/discount broken out separately).

Sarah H
Dec 1, 2020 9:26 PM
Joined Jul, 2019 109 posts

Is this still the best strategy? Can I increase rates based on platforms at a flat rate per platform? (Booking.com would be increased for example?)

Chris L
Dec 7, 2020 8:09 PM
Joined May, 2017 199 posts

You can do that if you're API integrated--the "channel mark-up" is an option in the channel's rules. I mark my Vrbo rates up 5% (to cover the PPB fee) and my BDC rates up 30% (to cover their 15% commission plus an extra 15% fee for putting up with their crappy platform and guests).