Experience the difference of "Elite".

Damage Deposit

Danica C
Feb 7, 2020 9:57 PM
Joined Feb, 2020 4 posts

I am outside the norm as I don't require any portion of rent at the time of booking. I only require the $250 deposit.
However, I do NOT want the deposit in the total, as it looks like the vacation is costing the renter $250 more. It would make me lose renters.
I tried excluding the deposit from the quote...but then I couldn't ask for the $250 in the first payment, or if I did it looked like it was $250 out of the rent, not the deposit.
Is there a way to include a damage deposit AFTER the big total is shown to the guest? Or can I set a payment to ask for the damage deposit and not show it in the quote at all? I am actually not even taking credit cards...only checks and Apple Pay....but I still need to get this correct for the quote.

Rich S
Feb 8, 2020 8:26 AM
Joined Dec, 2018 301 posts

Danica C said:

I am outside the norm as I don't require any portion of rent at the time of booking. I only require the $250 deposit.
However, I do NOT want the deposit in the total, as it looks like the vacation is costing the renter $250 more. It would make me lose renters.
I tried excluding the deposit from the quote...but then I couldn't ask for the $250 in the first payment, or if I did it looked like it was $250 out of the rent, not the deposit.
Is there a way to include a damage deposit AFTER the big total is shown to the guest? Or can I set a payment to ask for the damage deposit and not show it in the quote at all? I am actually not even taking credit cards...only checks and Apple Pay....but I still need to get this correct for the quote.

Go to support section and search on refundable damage deposits. Or look for a recent post by me on same topic.

BlueMtnCabins
Feb 11, 2020 12:40 PM
Joined Jun, 2016 1115 posts

I have same dilemma, Been discussed https://www.ownerrez.com/forums/general-help/secdep-via-cc-hold--insurance-vs-traditional-damage-deposit

BlueMtnCabins
Feb 11, 2020 12:45 PM
Joined Jun, 2016 1115 posts

https://www.ownerrez.com/forums/requests/refundable-damage-deposit--how-it-is-displayed-in-quotes