Experience the difference of "Elite".

Help Using Widgets

Sarah H
Jan 31, 2020 8:56 AM
Joined Jul, 2019 109 posts

I would like to post a widget on Facebook, but I am not smart enough to figure out how to do that. I don't understand how to actually do this in my facebook post. Anyone particularly good at this that would be willing to help me learn?

Rich S
Feb 1, 2020 1:49 PM
Joined Dec, 2018 301 posts

Joe S said:

I would like to post a widget on Facebook, but I am not smart enough to figure out how to do that. I don't understand how to actually do this in my facebook post. Anyone particularly good at this that would be willing to help me learn?

Joe - I don't think you can post a widget on Facebook. Maybe I'm mistaken, but to me a widget is code (software) that runs on a website, whether it's one that you host using Ownerrez or elsewhere.

If you want to include a link in a facebook post, the most common way is to link to a page within your website. But Ownerrez does offer the ability to create a link that will display a basic availability (booked or not) for each property, and it looks just like any other widget would, but it would be 'hosted' by Ownerrez itself, no other website needed. Not sure if that's really what you want though, because once people click on your link they wouldn't have anything else interesting to do, like see photos of your property, or do any booking, etc. OwnerRez might have add a similar capability for other widgets besides the basic availability, I haven't looked too closely because it seems to me that they really all need to be kept on a website where folks can get all the information they need and then book.

Ken T
Feb 1, 2020 2:05 PM
OR Team Member Joined Aug, 2019 1531 posts

Actually, under certain circumstances, you *can* put a widget on your Facebook page:

https://www.ownerrez.com/support/articles/facebook-widgets

Rich S
Feb 1, 2020 2:12 PM
Joined Dec, 2018 301 posts

Ken T said:

Actually, under certain circumstances, you *can* put a widget on your Facebook page:

https://www.ownerrez.com/support/articles/facebook-widgets

Nice - this is actually a really useful approach but looks like a Facebook Page would need 2,000 followers before it can be used. So I imagine most owners cannot take advantage of this. Too bad, I'd probably do it if it was as easy as dropping widgets onto a Page.

BlueMtnCabins
Feb 3, 2020 11:57 AM
Joined Jun, 2016 1115 posts

2 of my 3 pages have 2000+ followers. And I have widgets embedded. issue is, most people use mobile, but custom tabs (as the one where widgets are) do not show on mobile. So it has very limited usefulness. You can see my page and embedded widgets on desktop facebook.com/AppalachianEscape