Experience the difference of "Elite".

Setting up new properties when Integrated

Sarah H
Jan 31, 2020 8:52 AM
Joined Jul, 2019 109 posts

Can I push from OwnerRez to Air/HA/VRBO as I add a new property? Or do I need to set them up on Air/HA first?

Rich S
Feb 1, 2020 1:44 PM
Joined Dec, 2018 301 posts

Joe S said:

Can I push from OwnerRez to Air/HA/VRBO as I add a new property? Or do I need to set them up on Air/HA first?

I think there are details involved. How many properties do you have total, and will you be using the API? Airbnb is a no brainer since only one property is needed, but you need 5 to use the API for VRBO.

If you aren't familiar with the term, API is a way to directly connect OwnerRez to another software platform that doesn't require any manual intervention.

I did this recently where I had 3 properties on VRBO for a year and then decided to start with Airbnb. My process was to first read in all of the content (descriptions, photos, etc) from my VRBO listings into OwnerRez. Then I went through the Airbnb API setup process in OwnerRez, including using the Listing Quality Analyzer tool. I had the same question as you do, is it necessary to set up the property on Airbnb first, and I believe the answer is no. I think that if you don't already have an Airbnb account, somewhere in the setup process you'll end up at a screen where you have to create one. But I did it backwards, I first made an Airbnb account for one property, with just basic information, and then when I connected it to Ownerrez I ended up overwriting all the placeholder content. As I mentioned, I think it's preferred to handle all of the setup from Ownerrez.

I only have 3 properties so I'm unable to comment about the VRBO API.

(edit - this next paragraph removed since it was incorrect, see Ken's next post, you cannot use channel bridge to push property description content)

Ken T
Feb 1, 2020 1:51 PM
OR Team Member Joined Aug, 2019 1472 posts

Just to clear this up -

1. If you are using an API connection, then yes, all property listing data is pushed from OwnerRez to the channel, overwriting whatever may already be there. If you want to add a new property, don't bother to do that in the channel; do it in OwnerRez, and then let OR push all that stuff to the channel when you turn on the API connection for that property, which is what it's going to do anyway.

2. If you are *not* using an API connection, you can import property listing information from Airbnb or HA/VRBO into OwnerRez, but not the other way around. Channel Bridge doesn't do that kind of data, just bookings, guests, rates, (some) rules, and reviews.

Sarah H
Aug 22, 2020 12:31 PM
Joined Jul, 2019 109 posts

Love the search feature! I have added a new property and have integration for both Air and VRBO. Why actions do I need to take to get the platforms to see the property?

Ken T
Aug 22, 2020 12:35 PM
OR Team Member Joined Aug, 2019 1472 posts

Here's how to do that:

https://www.ownerrez.com/support/articles/channel-management-api-integrations-airbnb-common-issues-questions#newproperty

https://www.ownerrez.com/support/articles/channel-management-api-integrations-homeaway-common-issues-questions#newproperty