Experience the difference of "Elite".

UK style dates

Andrew C
Jan 25, 2020 6:01 AM
Joined Jan, 2020 9 posts

Is there a way to change the date style on quotes etc to UK style dates (DD-MM-YY) from US style dates (MM-DD-YY) as it's very confusing to guests? Most of the time it refers to Jan 31 etc but sometimes (for example in Description in a quote ) it appears as MM-DD.

Chris Hynes
Jan 25, 2020 2:30 PM
OR Team Member Joined Oct, 2012 1400 posts

Yes, if you go to Settings > Culture: https://secure.ownerrez.com/settings/culture you can set the date format there.

That will show for all guest facing things, but the internal management side will still have some things in US format.

DianneD
Jul 11, 2020 7:30 PM
Joined Oct, 2018 41 posts

As an Australian OR user (& knowing there is a growing user base that would prefer the Dd/mm/yy date format), I have been nearly ‘caught’ a couple of times with the us date format on the internal side - can that be made optional too ?

Michelle Z
Jul 13, 2020 7:08 AM
Joined Jan, 2020 11 posts

I agree with DianneD. As an Aussie operator as well, seeing dates in dd/mm/yy format internally, would really help. I have also almost been caught out with 'wrong' dates.

KEH
Mar 16, 2021 12:47 PM
Joined Feb, 2021 37 posts

Hi Owner Rez,

As the above users have said, whilst I understand how to change the date format on the customer facing side of widgets and calendars. Is there currently no way to display dd/mm/yy format on the ownerrez control panel as such?

If not, is this something on your immediate radar to implement? or something you are not considering at all in the near future?

Many thanks

Ken T
Mar 16, 2021 12:51 PM
OR Team Member Joined Aug, 2019 1472 posts

Yes, that is not currently possible. We are presently working to improve our internationalization capabilities, beginning with customer-facing views, and eventually to include the control panel you use.

Ken T
Mar 17, 2021 8:55 AM
OR Team Member Joined Aug, 2019 1472 posts

We've looked into this a little more, and if you set the date format in your Culture settings, it will change some (but not all) of the internal control panel displays. Work in adding this capability is ongoing.

Do you have specific places where this isn't working? We can make sure they're on the list to add that compatibility as we make changes.

KEH
Mar 17, 2021 11:04 AM

Thanks Ken, much appreciated.

The main areas are on the booking tab when in 'list' view (arrive/depart/booked columns), the quotes tab (again arrive/depart/created columns) and again on the inquires tab (BTW our rental property is just a mile away from Windsor Castle, so I had a quick chat with the Queen and she's insistent that it should be Enquiries, but I told her i'm happy to let that one to slide for now).

I appreciate you guys over the pond are used to seeing dates in that way, but quite confusing for us Brits. Especially in the low dates, i.e. we automatically read 03/04/21 as 3rd April where as you would see it as 4th March.

Paul W
Mar 17, 2021 11:46 AM
OR Team Member Joined Jun, 2009 825 posts

Thanks for the feedback, Rob. We need to update all parts of the control panel to follow culture settings without question!

KEH
Mar 17, 2021 1:18 PM

Thank Paul ;)

Got to say publicly that we have been looking at various channel management software for 18 months to find a good match for us. Every business is different and has different (sometimes complex) needs, so there are always going to be compromises/work arounds when deciding to go with which software. But very high on our list of priorities was great support (and not just support from people reading from a cue card, but quickly understood the nuances of issues).

So as well as the great software, it didn't go unnoticed to us the level of support you guys offer before we made our decision. We are only 3 weeks in and the support levels have been even better than expected. Please don't ever lose that ;)

So now I've stoked you ego's, get making those date changes!!! lol - But seriously, thanks guys ;)

Neil and Sarah M
Jul 22, 2021 7:50 AM
Joined Jun, 2021 2 posts

Would echo that the support has been great so far.

Just noticed a few additional places not mentioned above where the dates are still confusing for those of us outside of North America, despite having dates culture set to UK.

- The "create quote", "create booking" and "block off" modals.
- On the booking view I see things like "Scheduled a payment for the remaining balance to be paid on 6/9/2022." and "Scheduled a security deposit of £500.00 to be run on 7/2/2022. This is a "hold" that will be released after your departure.". Those dates are in mm/dd/yyyy format.

Neil and Sarah M
Jul 22, 2021 8:32 AM
Joined Jun, 2021 2 posts

P.S. if it's a quicker short-term fix than proper i18n, using any format with the abbreviated month name might be far less confusing for us without being too big a step backwards for all of the Americans.

Chris Hynes
Jul 23, 2021 8:36 AM
OR Team Member Joined Oct, 2012 1400 posts

Yep, definitely on the to-do list but it's a large change that needs to be made at once. Right now the date pickers use US style, so at least you can know that if you're picking a date it's US style. We can't just change a couple of those or it would be super confusing -- we need to do one change that internationalizes all date pickers at once.