Experience the difference of "Elite".

If I don't have Channel Bridge, my descriptions won't "push?"

E & R Vacation R
Jan 24, 2020 9:30 AM
Joined Jan, 2020 56 posts

I don't have Channel Bridge, so if I change my descriptions in OR, they won't automatically change on TA or Abnb, or HA? Do I have that correctly?

Lydia B
Jan 24, 2020 1:59 PM
Joined May, 2019 159 posts

If you don't have Channel Management (which you need to use Channel Bridge) you won't be able to do much of anything when it comes to "pushing" or pulling in booking info.

Sounds like you're trying to push content to TA and HA/VRBO. From what I understand that won't work unless you have at least 5 properties and are API integrated. But - with AirBnB you can have 1-4 properties and still get the API, which will push descriptions, photos, etc. This might help:
https://www.ownerrez.com/support/articles/channel-management-overview

E & R Vacation R
Jan 25, 2020 11:41 AM

Thank you, yes, I am trying to figure out when I change a description, for instance, when I only have one peak week left, I like to highlight that in my initial description, so people know right away that I only have one week left....it would be nice to change that description in Ownerrez and then it go automatically to abnb, TA, etc.

I think what you are saying that even if I DO NOT have the extra premium offerings, it WILL push to abnb automatically? I'm reading the link you sent, thank you for the direction. :)

Lydia B
Jan 25, 2020 12:01 PM

The AirBnB API integration will push your changes. If you are not API integrated with VRBO you will have to go to VRBO to update descriptions/titles.

E & R Vacation R
Jan 25, 2020 12:47 PM

Ugh, I just read that if you use the abnb API you must do "instant book" and for one property I will NEVER do instant book. So back to manually changing things...sigh...

Ken T
Jan 25, 2020 12:49 PM
OR Team Member Joined Aug, 2019 1474 posts

Don't be too hasty... read this first:

https://www.ownerrez.com/support/articles/channel-management-api-integrations-airbnb-common-issues-questions#book-now

Lydia B
Jan 25, 2020 1:26 PM

Richter, I felt the same way until I realized using the API gives you the chance to do Instant Book with major restrictions. You can say you don’t instant book unless the person has verified ID, has used ABB before, has positive reviews and no negative reviews. That cuts out a lot of folks, particularly the ones you may not want in your place.