Experience the difference of "Elite".

Mobile texting support

Rich S
Jan 19, 2020 11:28 AM
Joined Dec, 2018 301 posts

I recall that texting is on the roadmap for future, but I realized yesterday I really want it now.

Had a guest text, email and call me at 11:20pm saying they couldn’t get into parking garage or condo. Of course Ive sent detailed instructions by email but guest had forgotten and was expecting these to be in the vrbo app which I don’t use at all.

Very bad experience to fly to a destination, then arrive late in evening and finding you cannot get in.

I’m thinking that I want my keycodes to be texted on the day of arrival at the checkin time I’ve configured, or maybe 30 mins early.

This guest did open 3 emails I sent, for rental agreement, extra payment request and the day before arrival with keycodes, but obviously didn’t read the last one, or forgot when they arrived.

I don’t see a way to fix the not reading email problem, It happens for some people. For me I think I’ve had 3 guests who called me while standing at condo door like this, fortunately I was awake for the first two. This is 3 out of about 100. But texting keycodes will surely be able to address these three and would probably help countless others from having to search for that 3am email from an owner those name they probably don’t remember.

When can we expect texting support, at least for broadcast messages like this? Can even say don’t respond, so you don’t have to worry about the return messages.

Ken T
Jan 21, 2020 6:42 PM
OR Team Member Joined Aug, 2019 1472 posts

Hoping for later this year.

Tracey G
May 27, 2020 3:47 PM
Joined Apr, 2018 1 post

Any update on text notifations of inquiries?

Mike Mc
Jun 19, 2020 1:57 PM
Joined Feb, 2019 8 posts

I have had multiple experiences like this. A text feature would help solve a lot of this as guests either don't check their email, or open it and don't read the whole way through the instructions.