Experience the difference of "Elite".

Using the hosted website as a guidebook?

Doug D
Jan 17, 2020 4:26 PM
Joined Jan, 2020 16 posts

Many of us use an online guidebook through another company, but is it possible to use our own hosted website as a guidebook?
Can we just add a page that people can't see unless given the specific link for it, thereby basically hosting our own online guidebook that the general public can't see unless given access.

BlueMtnCabins
Jan 17, 2020 9:01 PM
Joined Jun, 2016 1115 posts

If you mean guide to local attractions etc you actually WANT public to see it as it increases traffic to your site and helps with SEO. If it is something that only booked guests can see, I suppose you can as OR support if you can have a password-protected page on your website maybe.
You can look at my website and see I have blog, vacation guide and Top-10 page... none of them are secret and actually help seo quite a bit. bluemountaincabins.com

Doug D
Jan 18, 2020 6:31 PM

I actually want to put check in instructions. Front door code, address, etc, so it should be private. But making the other stuff public is a good idea.

Doug D
Jan 18, 2020 6:34 PM

What is your website?

BlueMtnCabins
Jan 21, 2020 3:31 PM
Joined Jun, 2016 1115 posts

mine? bluemountaincabins.com/ I have check out instructions under FAQ. Check in instructions are emailed as they vary slightly by property.
But if I wanted to, I could create a password-protected page(s) and email guests the link with password.

High Tide Vacati
Nov 8, 2020 3:50 PM
Joined Oct, 2020 2 posts

Hello:
I love your vacation guide. i'm trying to create something like this on my ownerrez hosted website.

How did you add the photos with text below? I cannot seem to do that when i add a new "page" to my site.

Any help is appreciated

Thank you,
Steve
www.hightidevacationhomes.com (still a work in process)

Gabriella C
Nov 8, 2020 10:22 PM
Joined Jul, 2020 1 post

How were you able to add all of those additional pages? Did you have someone through OR assist you?