Experience the difference of "Elite".

Why aren't PriceLabs rates showing in my API (integrated) VRBO calendar?

Valerie R
Jan 17, 2020 1:15 PM
Joined Sep, 2019 119 posts

Hello,

Re: RogersVRs (personal) account

I am taking advantage of PriceLabs's 30 day free trial so have connected PriceLab to my OR account. My OR account is integrated with VRBO and Homeaway.

I still see my regular "seasonal" rates on the VRBO calendar, but the PriceLab suggested rates are being calculated on quotes. That can lead to confusion & unhappiness from guests, who expect to pay the rate they see on the calendar but might end up with a more expensive quote if the PriceLab rates are higher than my seasonal rates.

Is this happening because the PriceLab rates are "Spot Rates" but VRBO calendar shows seasonal rates? Is there a way to change this?

Chris Hynes
Jan 23, 2020 6:32 AM
OR Team Member Joined Oct, 2012 1400 posts

No, the VRBO integration will use whatever rates you have configured in OwnerRez and the spot rates will override any seasonal rates. VRBO make take a day to update with new rates, though, because of how their feed processing works.

Are you still seeing missing rates?

Valerie R
Jan 23, 2020 10:23 AM
Joined Sep, 2019 119 posts

Hi Chris,

I ended up turning off Pricelabs rates because I was contacted by more than one potential guest asking why the rates displayed on the calendar were not the same rates that were shown in a quote and were unhappy at how much more expensive the quoted rates were that were on the calendar (in one case the quoted rate was $1300 more than what the calendar rates showed.)

I did leave Pricelabs turned on for one of my properties, just to see what would happen, so I just checked that property's VRBO calendar and I do see the Pricelabs rates displayed on that calendar now. But it did take longer than one day for VRBO to update to show the spot rates on the calendar; by the time I sent my question here in the forum it had been a couple of days since turning on the PriceLabs integration.

I think I'm not going to continue the PriceLabs trial, though. The rates they are charging are SO much more expensive than our usual rates I'm afraid no one is going to book my property. :-(

Chris Hynes
Jan 23, 2020 11:31 AM
OR Team Member Joined Oct, 2012 1400 posts

Yep, it's always a tradeoff on the rates -- maybe you could be getting much more :-) but will it book? I've tried PL on a couple of my properties and been generally happy so far. They've got a lot of knobs and dials you can turn, maybe set it up so it can take their full price when it's way out in future and bring down the closer term prices to make sure you book.