Experience the difference of "Elite".

Question about the "Listing Site Conversion" report

Valerie R
Jan 14, 2020 11:33 AM
Joined Sep, 2019 119 posts

Hello,

I've run the Listing Site Conversion report for "Last Year" in my personal OR account (Rogers Vacation Rentals) and I have a question about the different sources listed in the results:

[direct]
Airbnb
DIRECT
DIRECT/REPEAT GUEST
Emerald Coast By Owner
EXPEDIA
HomeAway
VRBO

I'd like to take a look at the 14 bookings that are in the [direct] category, but I can't figure out how to find out which bookings they are.

When I run the bookings detail report none of the bookings have [direct] in the "Listing site" column.

How can I identify those bookings?

Ken T
Jan 14, 2020 12:09 PM
OR Team Member Joined Aug, 2019 1472 posts

I took a look at your account, and I think the problem here is that your Custom Sources are misconfigured. You have a bunch of names entered, but no domain names for OwnerRez to detect and identify, so it's getting confused.

https://www.ownerrez.com/support/articles/custom-sources

Valerie R
Jan 14, 2020 1:44 PM

Thank you. I've entered URLs into these custom sources and have run the Listing Site Performance report again, but nothing has changed. I still see the [direct] (14 bookings) on the report. I'd like to know which bookings these are so that I can correct the source.

https://snipboard.io/WKr0BU.jpg

Chris Hynes
Jan 23, 2020 6:28 AM
OR Team Member Joined Oct, 2012 1400 posts

To find these, use the Filter button on the bookings list and filter for [None].

Valerie R
Jan 23, 2020 10:12 AM

Thanks Chris, I did what you suggested.

I filtered the booking list for 2019 and "none" in the Listing Site dropdown.

There are 200 "bookings" when filtered this way, all of them blocked off time. Most of these are mutual blocked off time situations, but the others are either owner blocks or other situations where the property was unavailable for something other than a paid guest.

So, I'm still unsure of why the listing site performance report run for "last year" is showing 14 [direct] bookings.

Chris Hynes
Jan 23, 2020 11:30 AM
OR Team Member Joined Oct, 2012 1400 posts

Make sure to hit Show All on the filter first so it's not filtering by anything else. You can filter by Type: Booking and Listing Site [None] and it'll give you what you want -- I see about 19 for all time right now in your account.