Experience the difference of "Elite".

Report showing future payment due dates

Val Rogers
Jan 8, 2020 12:14 PM
Joined Oct, 2016 33 posts

Hello,

I wish there was a way that we could indicate in the system the due date of a future payment on a booking, when that payment is not being processed through OR.

For example, most of my clients' bookings come through VRBO and of course the payments are processed through VRBO. The guest pays 50% as a down payment and the remainder is due 45 days before the guest's arrival.

I see that there is a "Schedule Payment" option under Transactions, but you have to enter credit card information in order to use that function.

I need to find a way to be able to run a report for my clients that show payment history and information about future payments for their bookings (amount & date due).

The Payments Detail report does not show any information about outstanding payments.

Is there perhaps some way for me to do this that I just don't know about?

Is there a way I could use Custom Fields to accomplish this? If I create a custom field for payment amounts & due dates, what report could I run to be able to see that information?

Chris Hynes
Jan 11, 2020 3:32 PM
OR Team Member Joined Oct, 2012 1400 posts

Yep, right now scheduled payments are only for credit cards that are on file.

However, if it's one second payment, you can set the Second Payment date on the booking and it'll show up on the booking detail report. You couldn't track multiple payments on a booking but you can do one that way.

We do have plans to expand this to a payment schedule where you can set up multiple payments due, with dates, regardless of whether they are credit card based or not. Hopefully we'll get to that later this year!

Val Rogers
Jan 11, 2020 4:50 PM
Joined Oct, 2016 33 posts

Thank you Chris, it is always nice to know that the staff at OR is listening to our thoughts and suggestions.

You said "you can set the Second Payment date on the booking and it'll show up on the booking detail report." Can you give me more specific instructions on how to set the second payment date on the booking?

Chris Hynes
Jan 11, 2020 5:04 PM
OR Team Member Joined Oct, 2012 1400 posts

Thanks Val!

To set the second payment rule (and other rules on the booking), go to the Rules tab of the booking, hit the Change button, and you can set it there.

Dori123
Jan 7, 2021 12:17 PM
Joined Sep, 2020 85 posts

I am also interested in this. I rent my places out for vacations but I also do some seasonal rentals that span several months. For these, I often agree to monthly rent payments and I use a residential rental contract. My previous process was to create an initial invoice, then create future-dated invoices that would go out monthly. I find that in OR, I can only create one invoice, and possibly two payments. Ideally, I'd like to split the charges into separate invoices.
Thanks