Experience the difference of "Elite".

Exported calendar to google calendar, but showing wrong check in time

E & R Vacation R
Jan 7, 2020 7:30 PM
Joined Jan, 2020 56 posts

I exported the OR calendar to my google calendar for the property, and it shows 12pm booked, instead of 4pm. On each booking "rules" it shows 4pm, so not sure where the glitch is. It also doesn't show check out time of 10am

Ken T
Jan 8, 2020 10:54 AM
OR Team Member Joined Aug, 2019 1472 posts

Yes, this has been a known issue for a long time, and there doesn't appear to be a consistent way to fix it. Our iCal calendar feed is exporting the correct timezone and time information, so according to the standard it *should* be displayed correctly, but we have seen that often Google Calendar doesn't.

There appears to be an association with timezones, in that we tend to see this happen more often when the iCal feed is using a different timezone from what your Google calendar is set to.

Right now, your main timezone in OwnerRez is set to America/New York (Eastern). You can also set timezones individually for each property, but your property is also set to the same timezone. I suppose you probably have your main Google calendar set to Eastern as well, so that's probably not the trouble this time, alas.

E & R Vacation R
Jan 8, 2020 11:06 AM

Although the OwnerRez calendar is set to Eastern, this is what shows up on the "settings" in the google calendar for this particular calendar: (GMT+00:00) Coordinated Universal Time I don't see how to change it?

Ken T
Jan 8, 2020 11:10 AM

Aha, maybe that is the problem after all!

These look to be Google's instructions for changing the timezone setting on their calendars:

https://support.google.com/calendar/answer/37064?co=GENIE.Platform%3DDesktop&hl=en

E & R Vacation R
Jan 8, 2020 11:28 AM

Yes, I know that, but the Owner Rez calendar is "not" a google calendar, so the option to change the time zone is shadowed, if you know what I mean, in my settings, I can change the original calendar for that particular gmail calendar, but the ability to change the OwnerRez calendar is not "clickable." So perhaps the OwnerRez calendars are coming over with some type of default setting?

Ken T
Jan 8, 2020 11:33 AM

The OwnerRez iCal calendar feed is sent with its timezone set - in your case, to Eastern time.

I was suggesting that *your own* calendar might have its timezone incorrect, and it sounded like that's what you were saying.

No, you can't change the timezone of the OwnerRez iCal calendar feed from Google - that's controlled from the OwnerRez end, and as we've seen, is correctly set.

Can you send us a screenshot of what you are seeing? Also, what is the iCal calendar URL from OwnerRez that you are trying to import into Google Calendar? There's a few tests I can run to confirm that it is correctly including the timezone.

E & R Vacation R
Jan 8, 2020 11:49 AM

Okay, I sent it to the "help" email address, as I couldn't seem to add a screenshot in this portal. Thanks for your help.