Experience the difference of "Elite".

Trigger for Check In email including check in date/time, do's/don'ts

E & R Vacation R
Jan 6, 2020 4:23 PM
Joined Jan, 2020 56 posts

I am trying to format firstly, a check in email, in which I include in the body text, a confirmation of their check in date/time, check out date/time. How would I format this? I am trying to do this in "create booking email template" and

Secondly, how do I create a trigger for this email to go out 5 days prior to check in?

Thirdly, I have two documents that always go with this email, a "check in" email with some fun info about The Cottage and a "check out" email with the check out tasks on it. They are both in PDF format, but I do have them saved in Word. How would these get attached to each check in email? I also like to attach them to the booking email confirmation?
thx

E & R Vacation R
Jan 6, 2020 4:26 PM

Found where to add the files, duh

E & R Vacation R
Jan 6, 2020 5:06 PM

I think I DID IT!!! Whew...sorry about so many questions, but it is a slow slog finding where the answers are. I understand that the search engines aren't geared up for this, at least not the one on the "ribbon." Just seems as though I have to search in several places before I find what I need to create my specific tasks. But I'm getting there. Yippee

Chris Hynes
Jan 11, 2020 3:25 PM
OR Team Member Joined Oct, 2012 1400 posts

Awesome!

Yep, on the logged in site on your booking area it only searches the bookings and stuff in your account.

To search support articles, forums, and blog posts, use the search box in the support area: https://www.ownerrez.com/support. Yes, we know we need to put that at the top of the screen here :-)

Sounds like you already found everything you need, but here's an article about doing pre-arrival emails: https://www.ownerrez.com/support/articles/pre-arrival-email-templates-triggers-custom-fields in case you still had some questions.

BlueMtnCabins
Jan 13, 2020 11:47 AM
Joined Jun, 2016 1115 posts

14 days prior to arrival and then 3 days prior to arrival.

Hi {CFIRST}, please find important information for your stay.

Property Address and Driving directions. Please PRINT directions and bring with you!

{PADDRM}

{PXDRIVING}

Link to map: {PXGREVIEW}

Check-in Instructions.

Check in time is no earlier than {BCHECKINTIME} ET on {BARR}

The unique door code and detailed instructions will be sent to you in a separate email prior to your arrival. Code will be valid starting on your check in date/time and will expire on your check out date/time.

Please inspect the cabin upon arrival to ensure that everything is satisfactory and do not hesitate to let us know of any questions, concerns or issues immediately upon check-in. Any issue not reported upon arrival may be deemed guests' responsibility. We can be reached via phone/text {MYPHONEI}. Please mention cabin name if texting so we can address your question expeditiously.

ATTENTION: The back doors are not equipped with electronic locks. Make sure to lock ALL the doors and windows prior to leaving the cabin (even for a short time). We are not responsible for any loss of guest’s valuables. Do not leave valuables in plain sight!

Check out instructions.

Check out time is no later than {BCHECKOUTTIME} ET on {BDEP}.

Prior to check-out, all dishware, glassware, cookware, and utensils should be washed and put away in cabinets or in the dishwasher with the wash started.
Empty the refrigerator and dispose of perishable leftovers that you are not taking with you.
Do not strip beds (i.e. please leave them unmade with sheets and pillowcases left on – this is for the convenience of our guests and allows housekeeping to easily determine if all linens are present prior to laundering).
Gather used bath towels and place in the bathtub for that floor.
Place all bagged refuse in the outdoor bear-proof container and lock/latch. No unbagged refuse.
Set the hot tub temperature to 85F. Ensure that hot tub is covered and cover is locked.
Set ALL upstairs AND downstairs thermostats inside the cabin to 60F degrees during the cooler months and 80F degrees during the warmer months (or HEAT to 60F and COOL to 80F).
Ensure ALL exterior windows and doors are locked.
After exiting the front door, pull the door tight, press the "SCHLAGE" button on the keyless lock, rotate the knob to lock, then verify the door has been locked.
Please TEXT to {PPHONEI} the following: "{CLAST} {PDISPNAME} Check list complete".
Late check outs not arranged in advance with the Owner subject to docking of the deposit.

{PXCHECKOUT}

Common Cabin FAQ and what's provided for your stay.

{PXFAQ}

What's included and what to bring and printable

For your convenience, all the amenities that we provide for the duration of your stay are readily accessible throughout the cabin for you to use. Please keep in mind that, unlike a hotel, there is no daily maid or housekeeping services. However, we provide basic cleaning supplies for everyday light cleaning needs, should you need them.

We provide per number of guests: Linens for all beds and daybeds, blankets, pillows, bath towels, hand towels, washcloths (one of each per guest), kitchen dish towels.

STARTER SUPPLY (approximate):

2 rolls of toilet paper per bathroom
2 rolls of paper towels
travel-size bars of shower soap
liquid hand soap
starter supply of laundry detergent, dishwater detergent, dish soap
couple of trash can liners

​NOTE: For longer-term stays, nearby stores carry these products, as well as any other supplies that you may need, in a variety of sizes to suit your preferences.

Appliances / cookware / household:

Coffee maker (regular 12-cup drip basket-style), coffee filters
Coffee maker (Single serve Keurig K-cup compatible)
Toaster
Blender
Hand mixer
Waffle iron
Slow cooker
​Washer/dryer.
Iron.
Hair dryer.
Pots and pans, bowls, drinkware, flatware, cookie sheets, bakeware, knives and boards, grill utensils.
Vacuum cleaner (located in the closet).
Mop, broom and dustpan.

You may want to bring extra towels for the hot tub, and also any items or supplies that you may need that are not mentioned here or in the Rental Agreement.

We do not provide firewood for firepit. You can buy firewood at local supermarkets or use branches/tree limbs that fallen on the property. Cutting of standing vegetation is not allowed. Please observe Sevier county open fire burn restrictions.

{PXPARKING}

HVAC operating instructions.

{PXHVAC}

Hot Tub Use and Safety.

{PXHOTTUB}

WI-FI.

Network: {PXWIFINET}

Password: {PXWIFIPASS}

Fireplaces Use and Safety.

Gas log fireplace(s) are only operational October - March. During operating months seeing small "pilot light" flame is NORMAL. Do not attempt to put the pilot light out. Remember that metal fireplace surfaces do get HOT when fireplace is in use. ALWAYS supervise children around the fireplace(s). Fireplace(s) should be operated by a capable adult over age of 23 only. Absolutely NO foreign objects, food, liquids or fuel of any kind in the fireplaces! No tampering with valves, timer switches, lines, equipment or outdoor propane tank. Running HVAC in "cool" mode when fireplace(s) are in operation may result in HVAC system failure. Any issue determined to be caused by improper use or tampering will result in forfeiture of Rental deposit and any costs above the Rental deposit amount charged to the Guest. If you have any fireplace related questions or concerns, please contact the Owners and we will address it promptly.

Winter travel in the Smokies.

Although it rarely gets severely cold or snowy in the Smokes during the winter months, it does happen occasionally. Snowfall typically occurs December through March, and sometimes as early as November. Please check the weather forecast before traveling. Also, if you plan to take Route 441 (Newfound Gap Pass) through Smoky Mountains National park, we suggest calling 865-436-1200 option 2 and 2 again for road closures and park conditions. Newfound Gap Pass frequently closes if there is snow or ice present on the road. Current road conditions are also updated on GSMNP Twitter https://twitter.com/smokiesroadsnps. We are not responsible for weather related access, road conditions, snow plowing/removal, or towing. Travel/cancellation insurance is strongly recommended for Winter travel.{PXWINTER}

{MYXREPAIRS}

Local Information.

Vacation Guide

Things to Do

Trolley Map and Gatlinburg Trolley Website

Local coupons and discounts