Experience the difference of "Elite".

Setting check in and out times, and same day checks in on calendar bookings?

E & R Vacation R
Jan 4, 2020 2:49 PM
Joined Jan, 2020 56 posts

Newbie, I am trying to edit my imported bookings and set up back to back bookings, check OUT 10AM and the next guest checks IN at 4PM. I don't see a way to change the "standard" on the check in/out portion?

Lydia B
Jan 4, 2020 3:50 PM
Joined May, 2019 159 posts

Hi, Deborah. Fairly new myself and am not sure I understand your question. Are you asking about door locks or something else? I'm interested in learning whatever I can to make the process easy on my end.

E & R Vacation R
Jan 4, 2020 4:09 PM

I am asking for the actual booking information, I don't want to have to scroll through the "times" listed for each booking. Also, since I have many back to back bookings in the summer, I want that to show on the calendar as a slash, not a full day unavailable.

E & R Vacation R
Jan 4, 2020 4:23 PM

UGH, finally found it, under Properties, then RULES then scrolling through it all. i can't imagine why when I typed in "check in check out time" nothing came up in the search, nor when I put in rental agreement. I'm usually pretty good at these things, but this is not an intuitive "tree" for finding the various pieces. I would think that in the "interview" part of the "next" would be, "here is where you find all of the parameters for your, rental agreement, your check in/out times, etc. I'm still searching for things that I would have thought would be right out front in the "check list" for beginners, new customers. Can't figure out quite a few things yet..so I'll be back I'm sure.

Chris Hynes
Jan 4, 2020 4:40 PM
OR Team Member Joined Oct, 2012 1400 posts

Yep, sorry for the scavenger hunt! Unfortunately "check" "in" "out" are all common words and don't work so well in a search engine :-/

All of the rules about the property are in the Rules section. That sets the defaults for new quotes and booking, and then quotes and bookings each have their own sets of rules so you can override for a specific one.

In this case you want to set your standard time on the property rules (so it'll show 4pm instead of "standard") and then the actual time on any bookings that are not 4pm (so it'll show "early check-in at 1pm").

For bookings, the check-in/out times are on the Dates tab with the Arrival and Departure dates.

E & R Vacation R
Jan 4, 2020 5:24 PM

I'm pretty sure I have the check in/out times set up correctly.

HOWEVER, still looking for where I upload booking agreement, how does it get signed, I have it in both word and a pdf format, and I need various spots initialed if bringing a pet, as well as their current address, cell phone number and names of all the guests, (our city requires it).

I also want to know if I pull my abnb listing in, will the rates on either source change? I have higher rates on abnb than I do on my actual website or any of the book direct sites. I pretty much just want abnb to send me the inquiry and I reply, quote, etc. as usual, but then the booking is then generated on to ORez. The same with TA/Fk. Those OTA rates are higher than my book direct.

I also use the regional sites, shorevactions.com and shoresummerrentals.com (they are book direct) and will figure out how to integrate them another day.

Lydia B
Jan 4, 2020 8:11 PM

Debi:

Set up the fields you want by going to "settings", "Messaging" and "Custom Field Definitions."

You can set up fields for them to enter names, initial different parts of your contract, provide additional phone numbers, etc.

In the section called "Show During Quote Acceptance" make sure to pick that a response is required. Then use a combination of the "Name" and "Description" fields to tell the guest what to enter.

For example, I have a field named "Initial Here to Agree to Maximum Occupancy Clause" and the definition says "Guest agrees and affirms that under no circumstances shall the property be occupied by more than ten (10) persons AT ANY TIME during your stay. Over occupancy will result in immediate eviction and forfeiture of all rent and damage deposit."

So they know they have to initial and they know what they're agreeing to.

Once you get those fields set up, and have assigned them a number for the order in which you want them to be displayed to the guest, then you can go into your rental agreement and insert the custom field name merge code wherever you want it.

Hope that helps.

E & R Vacation R
Jan 4, 2020 11:39 PM

That finally made sense, thank you! I was trying to figure out how to insert it into the actual agreement, and couldn't picture how this would work, but it does. I will soon need a nice glass of wine :) I have all sorts of things they need to fill out, with the pet addendum too, whew! Once the light bulb went off, it was fairly straightforward...still working on some other things, but that helped a LOT!

Lydia B
Jan 5, 2020 12:36 PM

Wine and OwnerRez are perfectly paired!