Experience the difference of "Elite".

Min Nights in Season vs. Rate Calendar vs. Spot Rates List

Lydia B
Jan 3, 2020 10:08 PM
Joined May, 2019 159 posts

I created a Summer season and set the minimum nights to 5. I "pushed rates" to VRBO for the purpose of pushing the minimum nights requirement. VRBO did not pick up on the minimum nights. And minimum nights showing in Spot Rates and in Rate Calendar have not changed. (I also tested AirBnB to see if the nights settings transferred. They don't.)

I have not set rates via Seasonal Rates - I prefer using the calendar or spot rates to do that. I'm just trying to set minimum nights across the board and wanting VRBO and AirBnB to recognize the minimum gap nights as "2". I thought this was what "Seasons" was for.

What am I missing?

Rich S
Jan 4, 2020 12:08 PM
Joined Dec, 2018 301 posts

@Lydia B - I know that I'm able to import nightly rates and min nights using a spreadsheet, with the Spot Rates import, and it works for me. The spreadsheet has one row for each day, and each row has a column for the property, nightly rate and min nights. I think it's safe to have other columns to the right, but the order and naming have to match.

If your min nights doesn't vary this might be overkill for what you want, but it does work.

Lydia B
Jan 4, 2020 3:55 PM

Rich - I know that's an option, as is just using the rate calendar. But then I'm wondering what the purpose of the settings are for "Seasons" if I have to go thru all that to adjust my minimum nights. And if setting minimum nights doesn't transfer to everywhere, how can I know that setting an override for gaps will work?

Chris Hynes
Jan 4, 2020 4:37 PM
OR Team Member Joined Oct, 2012 1400 posts

The way it works, spot rates override seasons and the min gap nights override overrides everything else.

A spot rate can either have a blank min nights or have a min nights set. If you have a blank min nights on the spot rate, then the season min nights for that night would be used but the amount for the spot rate would be used.

It sounds like you've got min nights set on those spot rates so they're overriding the min nights from the season.

The easy way to fix that is to do what Rich suggested -- export the spot rates to Excel, delete all of the min nights values, and then import again. Then the season min night value will be used (of course make sure you've got seasons for all of the ones you clear out).

Lydia B
Jan 4, 2020 4:49 PM

Got it. Would it be rude to say it would be nice not to have so many places to go to set up rates and nights? Of course, I have no idea how to program so have no idea what I'm asking. ;) Thanks for the response on a weekend - will go delete nights in spot rates.