Experience the difference of "Elite".

Questions on reviews

Adrienne M
Dec 29, 2019 12:34 PM
Joined Aug, 2019 8 posts

Hi, I tried searching for the answers but couldn't find them. I figured out how to import my reviews from ABB and uploaded them to OR. I have created a widget that I will be adding to my own website.

1. In the widget area, there is also the option to post a link to the reviews page. When I preview that, none of my imported reviews show up. Is there something else I have to do? https://secure.ownerrez.com/widgets/e5459555e47a4c6bb8b62f438afd3ba3?view=form&propertyKey=2290226818a741219f8794c50df6ab79

2. Does OR recognize which property the imported review is for and attach the review to a particular property on OR? If not, can I go in and assign the imported review to the correct property?

3. I have download the chrome extension, will all my ABB reviews going forward automatically come in to OR or do I have to do the imports periodically?

Thanks!

Ken T
Dec 30, 2019 8:43 AM
OR Team Member Joined Aug, 2019 1472 posts

You've imported a couple dozen reviews, but OwnerRez isn't always able to match the reviews to the correct property. For your collected reviews, it doesn't know the right property for any of them. If you know what property they are for, you can do this yourself under CRM > Reviews. Click the review, Change Details, and select the right property. Then they'll show up.

The Airbnb API connection automatically imports new reviews, but you aren't using that. You can import reviews using Channel Bridge, but you have to do that manually.

E & R Vacation R
Jan 6, 2020 12:24 PM
Joined Jan, 2020 56 posts

I was just wondering about why we'd need to download the reviews, but I see that it is solely, to place a link on our website, correct? Do these then direct them to the various OTAs? I don't really want anything to direct them to an OTA.

Ken T
Jan 6, 2020 12:26 PM

No, when reviews are displayed on your website, there's no link back to any OTA.

Crystal C
Jun 8, 2022 8:24 AM
Joined Jun, 2022 2 posts

HI Ken!

New user here -- my reviews imported but aren't showing so I came here looking for a solution.  Per your advice above I confirmed that the reviews haven't been assigned to a specific property, but when I go to CRM>Reviews it doesn't give me the option to "Change Details" and select the right property. The only option I'm given is to change the display name of the guest.  Please help!

Ken T
Jun 8, 2022 1:54 PM

The most common cause of this, is, if you have not yet imported the matching Channel Bridge data for the Bookings.  If this isn't the cause, please write in to the Helpdesk with specific examples of the reviews in question, and we'll investigate.

Ted C
Jan 10, 2024 2:59 PM
Joined Jan, 2024 1 post

New here. This worked. I had to allow it to show on my website. Thank you!

Meg
Feb 8, 2024 7:26 PM
Joined Feb, 2023 16 posts

Hello! I have spent weeks loading reviews onto the excel sheet and it says I was successful and my reviews were imported but I can't see them? Can anyone please help I would hate to loose weeks of work over this.

Ken T
Feb 8, 2024 9:59 PM

Please write in to the Helpdesk and send us the Excel sheet with all your reviews in it, we'll take a look.

Meg
Feb 9, 2024 4:10 PM
Joined Feb, 2023 16 posts

Please write in to the Helpdesk and send us the Excel sheet with all your reviews in it, we'll take a look.

by Ken T – Feb 9, 2024 2:59 AM (UTC)

Done! Under "agent@alaskatravelers.com"