Experience the difference of "Elite".

Is there a report that captures Custom Fields?

Val Rogers
Dec 27, 2019 4:14 PM
Joined Oct, 2016 33 posts

Is there a report that captures Custom Fields?

Lydia B
Dec 27, 2019 11:06 PM
Joined May, 2019 159 posts

Not sure if this is what you want, but try "Reports", then "Stay Reports" then "Date Range". I use that to see the Custom Field I have for their individual door codes. (I also check the box to include notes associated with bookings.)

Valerie R
Dec 28, 2019 5:36 PM
Joined Sep, 2019 119 posts

Thanks, I'll give that a try.

What I'm trying to capture is the Reservation ID numbers for VRBO/Homeaway/Airbnb bookings. I wondered if I entered that number into a Custom Field if I could run a report to see all of them at once.

Lydia B
Dec 28, 2019 6:22 PM
Joined May, 2019 159 posts

If you wanted to manually enter the reservation number, or cut and paste it from every booking record, you could make a Custom Field and put it there. But when you run the Date Range report it may not be the only info that shows up in the "Other Fields" column. Not sure that gets you what you want. Hopefully one of the brilliant OR folks will have a much better idea! :)

Chris Hynes
Dec 29, 2019 7:39 AM
OR Team Member Joined Oct, 2012 1400 posts

None of the reports per-se have the listing site reservation number on them but there is a data export that has it.

Go to the Bookings tab and go to List view, then use the Export button in the top-right to export to Excel. That will include the reservation number (and a ton of other stuff about the booking).

Valerie R
Dec 29, 2019 11:57 AM
Joined Sep, 2019 119 posts

Thanks, Chris. Those instructions were interesting to see; I didn't realize we could download information from the Bookings tab.

I've tried your suggestion and I think this will work...the listing site ID does download so that I am able to quickly search the bookings using that ID number.

At the end of each year I send a Bookings/Payments report to my clients for their bookings in that year. It is helpful for them to have the listing site ID number on that report so that they can match payment notifications sent from that site to the booking on the spreadsheet.I can use your instructions to quickly download the bookings and grab the listing site ID number to put into my report.

Thanks again, I appreciate your help!

Rich S
Dec 29, 2019 8:52 PM
Joined Dec, 2018 301 posts

Chris - I think this thread points out the need to add a report to list custom fields ;-)

KEH
Jul 16, 2021 4:36 AM
Joined Feb, 2021 37 posts

Is there any update on this? It would be very useful.

Chris Hynes
Jul 16, 2021 10:48 AM

On which thing particularly? This thread covers 3 different feature areas.

KEH
Jul 16, 2021 11:09 AM
Joined Feb, 2021 37 posts

I was just wondering whether there was a report that could pull out the custom fields 'separately' - ie. in a better format than all custom fields lumped together in one cell in the report. Specifically I need to get data out into a report to show 'housekeeping' items such as hot tub, bbq etc plus whether cleaning is needed either morning/afternoon when we have a quick turnaround - currently the only report I can get only shows the date of cleaning not timing which is less than ideal.

I'm just learning and finding my way around as I'm new to OwnerRez - I have discovered 'Tags' today so am seeing whether that is a better way to capture items such as hot tub, bbq, highchair etc...

Kellie

Chris Hynes
Jul 16, 2021 2:26 PM

Ahh, yes there's not a format for individual fields or tags the stays report.

Tags are great for individual asks on a booking -- you can see them on the booking List view and if you export that view it will include tag columns.