Experience the difference of "Elite".

Hosting Fees default commission...

Sherri Z
Dec 16, 2019 11:00 PM
Joined Oct, 2019 2 posts

Hi there!

New to OR this month. In our environment we don't do commission on hosting fees (but oddly, we do on taxes collected).

For the hosting fees, is there an option to set them specifically to "Deduct Commission at [ ]%?"

I see that I can do it manually on each transaction associated to each booking, but I'd rather have it deducted by default as not to pay commission on the amount.

More Detail:
We are API integrated to AirBNB, VRBO, Booking.com. When we receive bookings at least from AirBNB integrated, a "AirBNB Host Fee" is created automatically and commission is generated based on "Gross" instead of "Net" charges. If there is a different approach I'm all ears...

Thanks!

Sherri Z
Dec 16, 2019 11:49 PM
Joined Oct, 2019 2 posts

I found the setting. Please ignore / delete this post. Thanks!

Andrew D
Feb 17, 2020 3:56 PM
Joined Mar, 2019 1 post

Sherri, i am having the same issue (and do the same as you) can you help me understand where the setting is so that our commission is not including the airbnb host fee as our agreement with the owner is that we take a commission on the reservation amount only not including taxes, channel/host fee, or cleaning fee.

For clarity, if a guest stays for 1 night for $100 and the cleaning fee was $40, and host fee was $4.20 (3% of $140) and the total payout was $137 , we would take 18% of that. I need to know how to set up the owners and owner statements to only calculate the 18% commission off that amount only.

Chris Hynes
Feb 20, 2020 7:05 PM
OR Team Member Joined Oct, 2012 1400 posts

That setting is on the settings for each owner -- the Channel Fees section. By default the channel fees are set to be prededucted from owner earnings and also for commission not to be calculated on them.

Unwind V
May 18, 2023 10:52 AM
Joined Oct, 2022 1 post

Hi Chris, I am having the same issue but I don't see the Channel Fees section.  How do I change this now? Is there a new way to do this.  Also, I had this set incorrectly so I have about 75 bookings across 8 different properties where this is incorrect.  Is there a way to change this on current bookings with a batch change and how do I change this setting so that future bookings are not deducting the channel fees from our commission? 

Thanks!

Caleb M
May 22, 2023 10:31 AM
OR Team Member Joined Mar, 2022 114 posts

Hi John, to change those settings Chris shows in his screenshot you'll want to navigate via PM > Owners > Owner In Question > Change > Settings. Once you've changed that default for the owner, then you can update it for any bookings from that owner you'd like via a batch tool found via PM > Batch Updates > Batch Update Bookings for Commission > Ensure Recalculate commission and expenses option is selected. Since you mentioned multiple properties are affected you may need to modify multiple owner settings.

PS: Changing this default will generally have future bookings come in with this setting as well.

~Caleb

Stacey H
Feb 17, 2024 7:48 PM
Joined Aug, 2022 2 posts

Hi Sherri,

Could you tell me the correct setting 

Thanks

Stacey