Experience the difference of "Elite".

Send a Trigger on a Specific Date

Lydia B
Dec 13, 2019 8:57 PM
Joined May, 2019 159 posts

I'm trying to figure out if it's possible to send a trigger email on a specific date. For instance: Would like to send a Merry Christmas, or maybe a Happy New Year message to all previous guests.

Val Rogers
Dec 14, 2019 11:19 AM
Joined Oct, 2016 33 posts

Hi Lydia,

This solution is not as smooth & seamless as a trigger, but it would work:

You could create your email template first. Then (even though you'd have to do this manually on each booking) you can use the "Scheduled Emails" option at the bottom of the "Email" queue/tab. That option allows you to select your specific template and then choose "Send on the specific date of" and pick the date from the date-picker calendar.

Lydia B
Dec 14, 2019 12:50 PM
Joined May, 2019 159 posts

That would work, but I'm lazy! :) Not sure I want to be repeating that process 50 times or more. Would be nice to be able to send to everyone without going through something like that.

Rich S
Dec 14, 2019 1:56 PM
Joined Dec, 2018 301 posts

Lydia B said:

I'm trying to figure out if it's possible to send a trigger email on a specific date. For instance: Would like to send a Merry Christmas, or maybe a Happy New Year message to all previous guests.

If I were doing this occasionally I would just export the list of bookings that I want to email, then take the spreadsheet and grab only the email addresses. Then I’d combine them all with commas in between, And just paste them into my own email client. Or of course I could send the email from Ownerrez it self.

All you really need is a list of comma separated email addresses. Once youhave that you could paste it into any place where you were sending an email from

I think as long as you’re dealing with 50 or less you shouldn’t have to worry.

The Excel formula would be something like this, assuming that you have all of the email addresses in a single column, one address per row.

= A1 & “, “

If your email addresses are in a column starting at cell A1, type the formula above into the cell B2 and Then copy the formula down word. What you’ll find in the last cell in the B column will be all of the addresses separated by commas

Chris Hynes
Dec 14, 2019 7:31 PM
OR Team Member Joined Oct, 2012 1400 posts

Yep, the system in OwnerRez isn't built for sending out newsletters. Our email provider only allows sending transactional email related to a specific booking, not a seasonal blast. When you're doing a newsletter, different rules apply -- CAN-SPAM act, unsubscribe links.

Instead, look in the Reports section for the Mailing List report -- that'll give you a dump of email addresses, just export to Excel. Then if there's just a few do the BCC method Rich mentioned. For more, use a tool like MailChimp or Constant Contact. That'll let you import the mailing list and create a really nice looking newsletter template. MailChimp is free for up to 2000 email addresses, so it's a great way to do a professional newsletter out to your guests.

Valerie R
Dec 19, 2019 11:06 AM
Joined Sep, 2019 119 posts

Thanks, Rich, this is handy information! :-)