Experience the difference of "Elite".

Using API and want to block certain check in/out dates

Adria
Dec 12, 2019 9:33 PM
Joined Jan, 2018 19 posts

Anyone using API and has a way to block people from checking in/out on certain dates? For instance, I am fine with my house being booked over Christmas, but don't want to have people checking in or out on the 24/25th of December as I don't want to scramble for a cleaner. On ABB, I could block that, but now that I am switching to API, I don't see a good way to do that this month and in the future.

Chris Hynes
Dec 13, 2019 8:18 AM
OR Team Member Joined Oct, 2012 1400 posts

To do this, create a separate Christmas Week season for just that week (12/21-12/27) and set the allowed arrival/departure days on that to not allow arrival/departure for Tue/Wed. Make sure your rates for that period are also associated with that season and you should be good to go. The Arrival/Departure rules will be sent to Airbnb through the API.

Val Rogers
Dec 14, 2019 11:35 AM
Joined Oct, 2016 33 posts

I recently had a conversation with our housekeeper about scheduling cleanings on a holiday (like Christmas or Christmas Eve). My solution is if we take a booking that checks out on Christmas Eve or Christmas Day I'll just block off that night so that we don't get a booking arriving on that day.

Yes, it means I might cheat myself out of one night's rent...but is the chance of this happening greater than the possibility that you might be hurting your opportunities of renting your holiday week by placing a requirement on when the guest can check out?

Lydia B
Dec 14, 2019 12:46 PM
Joined May, 2019 159 posts

Lots of folks in my area (Smoky Mountains of TN) don't allow check-in or out on a holiday. Most of us also require longer stays for a holiday. I don't know your market so hard to say what you should do. Also, keeping housekeeping happy is SO IMPORTANT!