Experience the difference of "Elite".

How are property descriptions syncronized back into OR?

Rich S
Dec 10, 2019 12:18 PM
Joined Dec, 2018 301 posts

I recently updated my VRBO property descriptions in CO to include a paragraph addressing the need for me to collect an additional 8.5% tax (sigh). I don't recall doing anything to import these changes back to OR, however I see they are present in OR. I do use the channel bridge regularly.

This isn't a problem per se, however I believe that as I (soon) begin using Airbnb with their API I will want the description to be silent regarding taxes.

Will I be able to maintain different property descriptions in Airbnb and VRBO? Obviously it's useful to have OR be the trusted version of the description, but seems like I can't do that directly unless I wish to make the blurb be specific about VRBO which wouldn't fly probably with Airbnb.

Chris Hynes
Dec 13, 2019 9:23 AM
OR Team Member Joined Oct, 2012 1400 posts

We don't auto import the descriptions in OwnerRez or via channel bridge -- if it did update that was from running the "import listing" tool at some point.

The overall description sections are used for all API's however each one uses different fields: https://www.ownerrez.com/support/articles/channel-management-api-integrations-property-field-differences

For the description, HomeAway uses the large Description field but Airbnb does not -- they use the Short Description field and then other fields like Guest Access and The Space. So you will actually end up with different areas to set descriptions for each of them.