Experience the difference of "Elite".

Calendar Sharing with Cleaners

NHvacahomes
Dec 5, 2019 12:32 PM
Joined Sep, 2019 6 posts

Do I need a premium Property Manager account to share calendars and bookings with my cleaners?

Ken T
Dec 5, 2019 12:39 PM
OR Team Member Joined Aug, 2019 1472 posts

No, only the Portal Access requires the premium Property Manager feature.

You can read more about the various options for communicating with cleaners here:

https://www.ownerrez.com/support/articles/bookings-display-for-cleaners

NHvacahomes
Dec 5, 2019 1:05 PM
Joined Sep, 2019 6 posts

Thank you.

Rich S
Dec 5, 2019 1:34 PM
Joined Dec, 2018 301 posts

Ken T said:

No, only the Portal Access requires the premium Property Manager feature.

You can read more about the various options for communicating with cleaners here:

https://www.ownerrez.com/support/articles/bookings-display-for-cleaners

None of those options work well in my opinion. It’s too hard to explain to people to use an iCal link. I did it with 4 different people and exactly zero figured it out from my excellent ;-) instructions.

What cleaners typically appreciate is a table listing all upcoming and future booked dates in a calendar format, and a table of cleaning dates plus an indication about whether it’s going to be a back to back, or same day turnover where time is limited.

There are other desirable details such a length of upcoming stay and person count but that’s just a bonus.

Currently OR doesn’t give any way to create such a report. Which in my opinion leads to a risk of missed cleanings. OR has no way to aggregate multiple bookings into a triggerable email template.

I currently use a cleaner who refuses to use a cleaning app like resortclean. So as a workaround I have to manually maintain such a table and keep resending it along with screenshots of the ribbon calendar.

In the past I’ve had a cleaner who maintained her own calendar and all I needed to do was send her triggered emails at booking create and also at change or cancel. But she was very technically astute.

NHvacahomes
Dec 5, 2019 1:59 PM
Joined Sep, 2019 6 posts

I am very new to this system. So far I just made PDF of each month for the property in question and sent the PDF to my cleaners. I guess I can keep doing this. Still better than texting the dates.

I sent the iCal links just today to my two different cleaners and I suspect the same results that you mention. Some people keep their lives simple and don't want everything electronically. We'll see how they do.

Rich S
Dec 5, 2019 9:13 PM
Joined Dec, 2018 301 posts

NHvacahomes said:

I am very new to this system. So far I just made PDF of each month for the property in question and sent the PDF to my cleaners. I guess I can keep doing this. Still better than texting the dates.

I sent the iCal links just today to my two different cleaners and I suspect the same results that you mention. Some people keep their lives simple and don't want everything electronically. We'll see how they do.

If you use a windows computer you can hit win-shift-s (in order, holding them all down) and it should give you a way to create a screen shot of the calendar. Then you should be able to paste it into an email. Will be faster than creating a pdf file.

Val Rogers
Dec 8, 2019 7:05 PM
Joined Oct, 2016 33 posts

I used the Widgets and created a "Multiple Month Calendar" for my properties and then shared the URL ("Share with the Hosted Widget Link") with the housekeepers.

It looks like this:

https://secure.ownerrez.com/widgets/e0ca75c8d54d4abe826190a69883fb5e?view=form&propertyKey=5857942b60aa42849c6821e49f19bcaf

I like that it is dynamic with arrows that allows the user to advance the calendar to future months if they desire.

I include a link to this calendar in all of my emails to the housekeeper, kind of like a "footer":

To view the calendar for this property CLICK HERE.

Ryan W
May 2, 2023 9:44 PM
Joined Feb, 2023 1 post

Thank you for that advice!!!  

Nathan S
Mar 7, 2024 10:23 AM
Joined Jun, 2023 8 posts

I like the idea of sharing the calendar widget in automated emails to cleaners.

Does anyone know how to remove the direct booking website link in the footer of the widget?

Caleb M
Mar 11, 2024 3:11 PM
OR Team Member Joined Mar, 2022 114 posts

Hi Nathan,

Was this screenshot taken from a preview of the widget?

If so then the system pulls that data from the related theming via Settings > Theming > Theme in Question > and the field in question is the footer for forms.

If the screenshot was taken from your website directly, then you'll want to also check Settings > Hosted Websites > Website in Question > Theme and Layout > Footer > and adjust as necessary.

~Caleb