Experience the difference of "Elite".

Modify a quote and discount close to arrival in VRBO after integration

Sarah H
Nov 25, 2019 9:46 PM
Joined Jul, 2019 109 posts

I received an inquiry in VRBO but I don't see it in OwnerRez. If you have integration, how do you see initial contacts? I am trying to figure out how I can modify the quote and have the customer book after the integration? Normally, if somebody sends an inquiry from VRBO, will i see that in OwnerRez or only in VRBO? What is the best way to modify an inquiry?

Also, I make pricing less expensive as we get closer to days not booked. What is the best way to set that logic in OwnerRez to feed VRBO? What levels do you choose to discount to?

Ken T
Nov 26, 2019 4:28 PM
OR Team Member Joined Aug, 2019 1472 posts

Inquiries from VRBO and Airbnb are best handled in their own websites/apps, because they do not send us enough contact information for OwnerRez to be able to respond to the inquiry. Once the guest makes a booking, then more information is made available and OwnerRez can take it from there.

You can set up last-minute booking discounts in OwnerRez that can be passed through to the channels.

Sarah H
Dec 5, 2019 9:37 AM

The VRBO is not yet visible in OwnerRez because it has not been booked. It has not been booked because I need to add a $50 early arrival option. I can't add to the quote in VRBO or OwnerRez. What is the best way to deal with this?

Lydia B
Dec 5, 2019 10:14 AM
Joined May, 2019 159 posts

Hi, Joe:

You can modify a quote in VRBO. See if this helps - https://help.vrbo.com/articles/How-do-I-edit-a-quote

Chris Hynes
Dec 5, 2019 10:38 AM
OR Team Member Joined Oct, 2012 1400 posts

If you're API integrated, VRBO doesn't currently support quoting. Instead, have the guest book at the current prices and then alter the charges afterward. Since it's a VRBO API integrated booking, you'll be able to manage the charges and payments directly in OwnerRez.

Quoting is one of the biggest requested features for API and VRBO is working on it, but we don't have an ETA on that yet.

Sarah H
Dec 5, 2019 11:00 AM

Perfect. At least I know I am doing the right thing with that process. If I need modifications, I will need to let the guests know that modifications occur after booking.

Sarah H
Dec 7, 2019 10:23 AM

One other note... I have a modified request for an additional day for a HomeAway reservation. I have modified the dates to include the extra day. I have updated the 'charges.' Will that automatically trigger the additional expense to be charged to the guest, or do I have other required actions?

Chris Hynes
Dec 8, 2019 6:37 PM
OR Team Member Joined Oct, 2012 1400 posts

By default, the second payment is scheduled for "remaining balance due" so it will automatically update as long as the second payment hasn't executed yet. Go to the Transactions tab of the booking and look at the status.

If the scheduled payment hasn't processed yet you're good to go.

If it has been processed (or if you want to take an additional payment now), use the Payment -> Collect Payment option to run the card for the additional amount.