Experience the difference of "Elite".

Setting Rates

Becky G
Nov 25, 2019 2:06 PM
Joined Nov, 2019 29 posts

Just looking for some feedback here from homeowners on how you decide when to change your rates throughout the year.

1. Do you currently have seasons with overlapping months? eg. Sept. 27 - Oct.4
2. Or do you set your rates by months? eg Jan. 1 - 31, June 1 - 30

Rich S
Nov 25, 2019 2:16 PM
Joined Dec, 2018 301 posts

Becky - I do neither. I have ski condos and I set rates uniquely per week and sometimes even per day around holidays.

I use spot rates to accomplish this, starting from a spreadsheet and then eventually using the ownerrez Rate Calendar to make adjustments which I then push out to vrbo.

I do not use seasons or monthly settings because for my condos they aren't a good fit.

Lydia B
Nov 25, 2019 4:16 PM
Joined May, 2019 159 posts

I don't use Seasons to set rates. I use them to designate different times of the year in order to facilitate trigger emails. For example, I have a "Winter Season" set up from November - March. If there's a booking arriving during that time it will trigger an email to tell folks about winter travel. If someone falls into the "Summer Season" they won't get the winter travel email, but they will get the one telling them about the pool we belong to. The only other thing I use them for is to set minimum nights.

Becky G
Nov 25, 2019 11:25 PM
Joined Nov, 2019 29 posts

@Lydia B
Do you use the same rates year round?

Lydia B
Nov 26, 2019 12:37 PM
Joined May, 2019 159 posts

Definitely not. My January & February rates are the lowest, except for things like holiday weekends or Valentines Day. I use the rate calendar to set rates and minimum nights. If most of the month is the same, I'll highlight the entire month and put in the rates. If there's a holiday weekend I'll then go back and change just those 2 or 3 nights. Same for setting minimum number of nights. Just make sure you use the "range" button at the top right if you want to highlight a number of days. Or, if you just want to change all your Saturday night rates, use the "columns" button from the top right. You just have to play with it a bit. Hope that helps.