Experience the difference of "Elite".

Separate email address for rental property

Becky G
Nov 24, 2019 4:21 PM
Joined Nov, 2019 29 posts

I am a homeowner with one rental property only, and I’m in the process of getting everything set up and “streamlined”. I have purchased my domain name and would like to add an email connected to it that is separate from my personal email. Can anyone chime in with pros and cons for doing this? Anyone doing it now that has any tips? TIA

Lydia B
Nov 24, 2019 8:18 PM
Joined May, 2019 159 posts

Hi, Becky! You may also want to post in the Facebook group "Unofficial OwnerRez Support Group". You might get other owners to answer on FB who don't visit this Forum as frequently. To answer your question: I know a number of folks use a gmail address and also get a Google voice phone number so they don't have to post their private number.

Lydia B
Nov 24, 2019 8:21 PM

UPDATE: THIS IS ME EDITING MY POST!!!!! YIPPEEEE! Thanks for fixing that.

FYI to OR folks:

I realized I left out the "l" in frequently, so tried to edit. This is not the first time I've tried to edit a Forum post. I have NEVER been able to do so. Always get the message "An error occured while trying to edit the reply -"

Any suggestions?

BlueMtnCabins
Nov 25, 2019 1:31 PM
Joined Jun, 2016 1115 posts

Lydia B said:

FYI to OR folks:

I realized I left out the "l" in frequently, so tried to edit. This is not the first time I've tried to edit a Forum post. I have NEVER been able to do so. Always get the message "An error occured while trying to edit the reply -"

Any suggestions?

you cannot edit forum posts.

Ken T
Nov 25, 2019 1:57 PM
OR Team Member Joined Aug, 2019 1473 posts

Can both of you try editing forum posts again please? *I* can do it, and the engineers say there was a forum bug that might have been causing problems which has been fixed.

Rich S
Nov 25, 2019 2:14 PM
Joined Dec, 2018 301 posts

I edit posts all the time, I edited one two different times this morning. always works as expected for me in chrome.

BlueMtnCabins
Nov 25, 2019 2:56 PM
Joined Jun, 2016 1115 posts

It used to give me an error. Looks like it worked this time.

Lydia B
Nov 25, 2019 4:02 PM

Done! Thanks so much.