Experience the difference of "Elite".

Possible to set standard check-in/out times globally? (Issues with Airbnb API integration)

Chris L
Nov 21, 2019 6:35 PM
Joined May, 2017 199 posts

Would it be possible to set check-in/check-out times in a global setting somewhere?

I listed a new property and forgot to go into the Rules and specifically set the check-in and check-out times for the property (I saw that it said "Standard" and just assumed it would inherit a global setting from somewhere).

That's probably fine for direct bookings in OR, since my rental agreement specifies the check-in and check-out times.

Problem is, Airbnb (I'm on the API integration) didn't know what to set for the times, so it just defaulted them to "Flexible," and now I've taken a couple of bookings where the guest is expecting to check in at like noon and check out at like midnight. LOL. (Well, maybe not a LOL...)

A one-time set-and-forget setting would be awesome (and prevent issues like this in the future). Specific property overrides are useful but a global setting is easier for most of us. :)

Chris Hynes
Nov 24, 2019 10:53 AM
OR Team Member Joined Oct, 2012 1400 posts

Ahh, LOL, not LOL!

Yep, we've been planning a rules overhaul for awhile. Rules have grown and grown and there's still a lot set at the property level that's duplicated. Problem is, some things you want to set at a property level and some globally, but each user has a different set of things that want to be per property. That's why we've leaned toward setting things on the property level. We want to do some overrides, but when we've tried to do that in the past it ends up making things way too complex. *cough* seasons and rates *cough*. So we want to get it right this time.

We'll add a warning for the check in/out times on the Listing Quality Analyzer -- that'll give folks a heads up as they're setting up.

Sloanish
Aug 13, 2022 11:06 AM
Joined Jun, 2018 115 posts

Chris,

I just had this happen to me.

The Listing Quality Analyzer does not catch this either.

Please complete this task

We'll add a warning for the check in/out times on the Listing Quality Analyzer -- that'll give folks a heads up as they're setting up."

Your software is complex so eliminating these exceptions to the rules would help us out a lot as we use it.

I suggest getting rid of the standard completely if it is not universally adhered to as it implies that it is.