Experience the difference of "Elite".

Syncing calendars

Becky G
Nov 19, 2019 4:17 PM
Joined Nov, 2019 29 posts

I am in the process of syncing my external calendars to OwnerRez, but because of having all of my calendars manually synced prior, I am getting a lot of “fully obstructed”. I would really like to know where each booking originated, ie from which website. Is there a way to do this?

Ken T
Nov 19, 2019 4:28 PM
OR Team Member Joined Aug, 2019 1472 posts

There should be... If the booking is displaying in OR's calendar, you can click on it, and on the Overview tab, there should be a message like this:

This booking was created automatically by a calendar import (VRBO iCal).

Becky G
Nov 19, 2019 4:36 PM

Is there a way to show the different listing sites colours on the yearly calendar permanently? The option to do this below the calendar seems to be temporary. Also, because I had bookings manually entered on each calendar prior, it is inaccurate as to where the bookings originated.

Ken T
Nov 20, 2019 8:59 AM

Yes, that's a temporary selector, you have to choose it every time you go to that page.

However, the other part of your problem can be fixed. Go to one of the bookings you entered manually, then to its Info tab. Click the "Change Booking Details" button. That edit screen will include a dropdown of listing sites, and you can select the correct one and Save. Thereafter, the booking will be correctly categorized and colored. You'll have to do this individually for each booking, but only once each.

Becky G
Nov 20, 2019 10:45 AM

Thanks, all done! Is there a way to customize the colour used for each booking site?

Ken T
Nov 20, 2019 11:15 AM

Alas no, you'll have to make do with our taste in decor. :-)

Becky G
Nov 20, 2019 11:24 AM

Okay :)
I use a colour coding system in other parts of my rental business so that why I was hoping to be able to match them up. Small potatoes though.