Experience the difference of "Elite".

Guest Instructions

Val Rogers
Nov 15, 2019 10:56 AM
Joined Oct, 2016 33 posts

This might be a simple question but it is stumping me this morning and I can't find any documentation to explain.

On each property there is a "Guest Instructions" tab where we can enter our Check-in Instructions for the property. I'm trying to figure out how we can include those instructions in an email to the guest.

I found this macro/merge code: {PINSTCHECKIN}

The first time I entered that code (thinking it would pull the information from that page on the property) no information was included when I previewed the email.

So then I went to Settings > Custom Field Definitions and tried to create a new field for {PINSTCHECKIN} but it didn't like the { } brackets.

Can anyone tell me what the purpose of the "Guest Instructions" tab is per property and how we should include those instructions in an email to the guest?

Paul W
Nov 15, 2019 11:58 AM
OR Team Member Joined Jun, 2009 826 posts

The {PINSTCHECKIN} field code is a built-in field code. It pulls from whatever is in the Property > Guest Instructions > Check-In Instructions field.

If nothing is showing in your email template (or wherever you dropped the field code) are you sure you are previewing a property that has Check-In Instructions entered?