Experience the difference of "Elite".

Setting up a specific time for emails to be sent to guests?

Brendan C
Nov 13, 2019 11:39 AM
Joined Nov, 2019 22 posts

Hi Everyone,

Is there a way I can set a specific time for emails to guests to be sent? For instance I would like the arrival email to be sent at 10:00am the day before check in. I only see the option for 1 day before check-in, but I can't see a time. If not, what time do these emails get sent if I choose day before check-in?

Thanks

BlueMtnCabins
Nov 13, 2019 11:42 AM
Joined Jun, 2016 1115 posts

I think Chris explained before that emails are set to be sent at most convenient time once a day. I think it is early wee hours of the morning. So you can set day but not time.

Brendan C
Nov 13, 2019 2:53 PM
Joined Nov, 2019 22 posts

So a post check-out email that I send on the day of check-out would be sent while they are still there? I would want to send it a few hours after they have checked out. I wouldn't want them to think I am rushing them out of there.

Ken T
Nov 14, 2019 1:15 PM
OR Team Member Joined Aug, 2019 1474 posts

Pretty much - yup. Or long after they should have left.

We're planning to make time-setting possible in a future development. Maybe sometime next year.

Randy Juneau
Sep 14, 2020 2:52 PM
Joined May, 2012 36 posts

I think i saw in a recent release that this feature had been added but i can't find where to edit the time an email is sent. Does anyone know about this?

Ken T
Sep 14, 2020 3:16 PM

Yes, this feature was added. Generally, it is controlled in the Triggers - if you are using a trigger that is sent at a scheduled time, you're now allowed to select an actual time as well as a date.

Randy Juneau
Sep 14, 2020 5:36 PM

Thanks Ken,
How about time sent on system messages or actions like the security deposit? I would prefer that to be authorized the morning of arrival.

Ken T
Sep 14, 2020 6:31 PM

The whole System Messages area is scheduled for a complete overhaul, and I would imagine specific timing features would be added at that time.

For the security deposit, I can see why you might want to have specific timing on scheduled payments, so likely that will come along eventually. I wouldn't recommend doing the hold the morning of arrival though - it doesn't leave you much time to Do Something if the hold fails.

Randy Juneau
Sep 14, 2020 8:42 PM

I'm using errental locks and sending the code out when the security deposit is successfully authorized. So they can't get in unless thats done. I get complaints occasionally about the hold being prior to arrival date... but some people will complain even if they were in heaven, you know. Lol