Experience the difference of "Elite".

Call out page and cancellation policy

Melissa J
Nov 2, 2019 10:01 AM
Joined Oct, 2019 2 posts

I cannot figure out where or how to add our cancellation/ refund policy-- which is "NO REFUNDS will be given should you cancel, however you will have 1 year from original date of arrival to rebook your stay"
Do I make a custom field? Under booking or reservation??? And how can they initial beside it?
I also read something about a call field maybe going into effect and that was in 2014????? Surely its gone into effect, I just cant find it...

Tim K
Nov 2, 2019 10:27 AM
Joined Jul, 2017 71 posts

Isn't that just something written into your agreement? I'm not sure where else you'd want to have that? OR doesn't have the ability to initial clauses in an agreement, just e-sign the whole thing.

Chris Hynes
Nov 2, 2019 5:38 PM
OR Team Member Joined Oct, 2012 1400 posts

Yep, @Tim K, it's just something written into your agreement right now. We know there are cases for initialling clauses, a cancellation policy that's automatically enforced, etc. but cancellation is so rare and often has special cases so right now you're in full control of refunds etc and the system will not automatically refund for you. You will just follow the policy you outline in your renter agreement.

Chuck K
Apr 25, 2020 11:27 AM
Joined Oct, 2019 83 posts

May be time to revisit this.

Also, would be nice to record in the booking record the cancellation policy at the time of booking. I suspect that between Airbnb policies and desire to get more bookings sooner, we will all be making adjustments over the coming months; loosening now then tightening back up.

Lydia B
Apr 25, 2020 2:43 PM
Joined May, 2019 159 posts

Chuck: I'm hoping you're a member of the Facebook page for "Unofficial OwnerRez Support Group." If you go there and search a post from Donna Buono from Feb. 9 you will see an explanation of how to add fields to a rental agreement for a guest to initial. You can spell out your cancellation policy in the RA and have the guest initial. The signed/initialed agreement is stored in their booking info so you'll always know what was agreed to.